PDA

View Full Version : HondaRidr's Green Machines

HondaRidr
10-05-2011, 12:36 AM
I guess I'll finally tell everyone that I now own 2.5 tecates:eek:. I am a Honda guy 100% but a opportunity to get two parts machines popped up and I got them. Rollingmenace picked one up for me and held it at his place till I could pick it up(thanks again!). The first two picts are of them the day I got them.
I was hoping to put together one running machine for pretty cheap but realized they needed more work than I thought. Lots of $ and time later, I finally fired up the beast. It hauls ass and it has almost bald tires and low compression! I could beat my brothers 660 with a high comp piston and open airbox! :D I rode it a little at the house before taking it to the dealer to have it tested for air leaks. It turns out I need a new intake boot. I just got it back this afternoon and this is how it sits (last pic).
It still needs work but I cant wait to go for a ride with it!

I also picked up another 84 a few weeks ago. It has sat in the sun for a while but it is still nice and almost complete!
(third pic)

dcreel
10-05-2011, 12:40 AM
Real nice.. Looks like a Bassani on the one with the cut plastics in the 4th pic. Are you going to swap a disc brake front end on there? The difference is night and day in stopping power. You'll knock off some weight as well.

HondaRidr
10-05-2011, 12:49 AM
I am going to fix up and rebuild the 85 forks and put it on the runner (I borrowed the front end off of the almost complete 84). I don't have any of the 85 front brake setup though.

Swinger
10-05-2011, 01:05 AM
I dont know... Honda 100% might change if it already hasnt started to run the mean green blood through your veins!!! Hell I love them all. I think there is a trike out there for every type of riding and every person that isnt turned away from the media crap that was installed onto these great machines. If they are against it....good more for us LOL!! Nice score and would love to see some footage of you spanking you bro on his craptor!

HondaRidr
10-10-2011, 12:32 AM
Nice score and would love to see some footage of you spanking you bro on his craptor!

Here you go!

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee368/hondaridr83/th_M4H02040.jpg (http://s1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee368/hondaridr83/?action=view&current=M4H02040.mp4)

stevensj13
10-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Nice trikes! Never knew that the rad on the tecate was under the front number plate... learn something new every day!

HondaRidr
10-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Thanks! I think the radiator on the front of the tripples is pretty cool and its unique.

web3wheels
10-13-2011, 10:08 AM
these are cool always wanted one. closest i got was buying a tank to display on my shelf. if you need the tank, let me know. i bought it from a member on here. i think it was $15 + $15 shipped. ill send it to you for the same price