PDA

View Full Version : Video tutorial ideas?

Dammit!
10-02-2011, 08:57 PM
I'm thinking about making some trike related video tutorials soon. The weather will be cooling off out here in AZ soon so I'm looking for some ideas.

I'm not planning any engine rebuilds or anything on my machines anytime soon so I'm thinking more basic stuff. I already talked with Mr. Clean a while back about maybe doing a video on the gas tank restoration process.

Gimme some ideas. What do you think would be helpful? Even real newbie type stuff is fine.

redskinman
10-02-2011, 09:03 PM
being a relative newbie,what I had trouble with on my 200x was getting the valves adjusted correctly.How to know where top dead center is,finding timing mark on flywheel,etc.
After that,my next thing I need to tackle on my 200x is replacing the bearings on the axle,so maybe you could do a video on that also :)

dcreel
10-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Rebuilding and replacing fork seals.. repacking a silencer.. About tires and wheels (sizing and offset)...

fabiodriven
10-02-2011, 09:17 PM
I for one like the fork rebuilding idea. That's a job I've yet to tackle. Thanks Dougs!

RIDE-RED 250r
10-02-2011, 09:41 PM
Off season storage prep/maintenance, clutch servicing... a couple things I see some newer people to the sport looking for advice on...

Jason125m
10-02-2011, 10:04 PM
This is a great idea Dammit. I suggest a tutorial on how to replace a clutch. I see people having problems with that quite often. Will add more when i think of it!
How about swingarm bearings? And carrier bearings?

Dammit!
10-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Carrier bearings would be a real easy one. Anybody want to send me a carrier and some new bearings? I'll swap 'em for ya and send it back. :lol: Both my trikes are good in that department right now.

Best way for removing front bearings would be an easy one too. People tend to make it way harder than it really is. I think I have a front hub with old bearings in it somewhere.