PDA

View Full Version : How can the same crap happen to the same guy twice?

Frankencelery
09-29-2011, 09:30 PM
....in the immortal words of John McClane.

Not only to the same guy,
but to the same wheel...
on the same three wheeler...
In the SAME WEEK!

So I'm finally painfully convinced to dump the Cheng Shin knobbies. I want something tougher, but without giving me a rough ride. Dirtcrasher always recommends Holeshot HD's, but I'm a 44-year-old guy with a herniated disk. I'm willing to consider all options, but I don't want a tire that gives me a really rough ride. What about the so-called OEM tires from Honda? I say so-called because they're they're a Dunlop sub rather than the original Ohtsu. Are they any tougher, or do I need a true 4-ply or 6-ply tire to make any difference? Your opinions would be appreciated.

fabiodriven
09-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Dude, I can't believe a stick would puncture those. That's an awful tire.

chuckiedog04
09-29-2011, 09:49 PM
i had those tires you have on your trike. they lasted about three years, never had a flat even. probably 2000 miles(not kidding) on them.

atc007
09-29-2011, 09:54 PM
GET THE STOCK HONDAS!!! You will NOT be disappointed!! Perfect ride,awesome correct look. And all the traction you need,,and of course,,they are tougher than the paper thin ones you have now!! Good luck!

Headsup
09-29-2011, 09:59 PM
LoL, Nice sx, Anyway i seen the small pic thinking it was another Bone!!! Lol glad it wasnt, But it looks not like a stick but like a Over grown weed... Wow

brd812
09-29-2011, 10:28 PM
6ply kenda claws, work great and as light oem....almost. they wear out about the same pace as oem. w/out the flats

Frankencelery
09-29-2011, 11:09 PM
LoL, Nice sx, Anyway i seen the small pic thinking it was another Bone!!! Lol glad it wasnt, But it looks not like a stick but like a Over grown weed... Wow

Yeah, no kidding. Getting boned once in a week was enough. It really was an overgrown weed with a woody stem. I've never had bad luck with these tires until now, but twice in one week is enough to convince anyone.

ATC007, I just ordered the stock Honda tires from Service Honda. This is sort of a joke, really. Service Honda is famous for letting you complete an order for stuff they don't have and can't get. But they had them for $51 plus $20 shipping for the pair, which is pretty reasonable, so I ordered a set. I predict that in a couple days I'll get a call or an email from them telling me they don't have them.

If that happens, maybe I'll look at the Kenda Klaws. Funny, I was just looking at the K533s before this last flat.

tri again
09-30-2011, 03:57 AM
I'm wondering what or why they put 'boots' inside my tractor tires.

Seems almost like those liners that go inside bicycle tires between the tire and tube.

Ok there's my answer.
Some sort of liner that protects a tube, if there is one.

I used to hate dead batteries.
Now I hate tires lately.
Things tend to go in cycles, no pun intended.

That tire price is the best I've heard of lately.
Our local WallMart actually has some atc tires and 5 bucks to change them.
I was shocked after spending days looking for some online at a reasonable price.

I got so aggravated I filled my trailer tires with that expanding foam, but also guess there's a
'real' tire foam filler for industrial uses, but you need the extra flex, as I understand it.

rdlsz24
09-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Get some trailpro, they will last decades :lol:

Rob

Kfx-xc-racer88
09-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Don't buy holeshot HD'S i raced with them on my quad for a year or so and they've got to much side bite and it was very unpredictable, you just didnt know if it was gonna slide or dig in!!

awesome up hills with mega forward drive though!!

bigworm626
09-30-2011, 02:20 PM
trailpro's is the way to go youngblood.

Frankencelery
10-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Well, as you may have read in my other rant, my prediction came true. The $20 shipping price turned into $50. The actual shipped price for OEM tires from Service Honda turned out to be about $77, so if I really want OEM ones that bad, I can buy them from my dealer for about $70. Maybe I will still order them, but since I don't know what model they are, I'm not sure what I'm getting.

I'm still thinking about the Kenda K533's for the 250SX, but I'll consider what others like too. What's a reasonably tough tire that isn't so stiff it will break my back? No Trailpros, please.

Oh, and I should probably mention, most of the riding we do is in the yard, through farm fields, and on groomed trails.

bigworm626
10-03-2011, 12:21 PM
I hate when you have tire problems! Been there, done that.