PDA

View Full Version : Need your ideas on shipping a trike

Cagiva Kid
09-29-2011, 03:01 PM
I wondered what company some of you guys used to ship 3 wheelers in the past. Does anyone remember what the approximate charges and size restrictions were? Is there a company that specialized in ATV / motorcycle shipping? A company that provided the crate for shipping would be the most convienient if there is one. Any help would be appreciated.

fabiodriven
09-29-2011, 03:48 PM
I used FexEx freight. They just wheeled the Tecate from truck to truck. The machine needs to be picked up/dropped off at a place of business though, no residential. I think you can go directly to a terminal for drop offs and pick ups as well though.

Headsup
09-29-2011, 04:14 PM
there was also a thread on how to save money shipping a trike.. Not sure what it was, Or where. But i do know its here somewhere.

just ben
09-29-2011, 09:25 PM
there was also a thread on how to save money shipping a trike.. Not sure what it was, Or where. But i do know its here somewhere.I believe that was for a bare frame.

El Camexican
09-29-2011, 11:11 PM
I used ABF I booked a "Head Load" which got me the first 48" of the trailer all to myself, BUT! They gave me a quote for like $400 from CA to TX and then tried to double it in route (they don't bill till you are loaded and on the road) I argued and won, but would not use them again unless I had that written quote in hand. No pallet, no straps, just drain all fluids and drop it at the depot.

Zangief
09-29-2011, 11:14 PM
I have used Uship.com three times. Cheaper than the rest and reliable. They bid on your load and you pick who you want to take it. You can read reviews about each carrier there too. I have been very happy using them.

tintasbarnes
10-03-2011, 08:54 AM
@Cagiva Kid
I used allcoaststransport.com , but before you call them, read my article in this topic http://www.squidoo.com/motorcycle-shipping-in-united-states