PDA

View Full Version : Can the cracks be welded in my Bassani pipe?

redskinman
09-27-2011, 10:01 PM
My Bassani pipe on my 250r is getting a lot of cracks,at least 3,can these be welded or fixed some other way or is it just time to get a new pipe?
thanks

robtech
09-27-2011, 10:29 PM
That can be welded, personally I'd TIG it

beets442
09-27-2011, 10:47 PM
Yes, they are repairable.Nice pipe. Haven't seen to many chrome Bassani's. I had a 84' w/Bassani.Had some trouble tuning it, being bored all the way and jetted up. Can I ask what your carb setup and intake is?Thanxs

redskinman
09-27-2011, 11:19 PM
Yes, they are repairable.Nice pipe. Haven't seen to many chrome Bassani's. I had a 84' w/Bassani.Had some trouble tuning it, being bored all the way and jetted up. Can I ask what your carb setup and intake is?Thanxs

Havent owned it that long and it came with everything thats on it.Ive already installed a DG pipe because i figured this one was toast,I thought it would just keep cracking other places.I havent tested DG yet,just put it on last night and cant ride it in the neighborhood.I had to put a new top end on it and Ive just been enjoying riding it and havent tried to fine tune it.With the Bassani on it it would sputter a little bit in first and second but take off in 3rd on up so the jetting probably needs to be tuned in better.
As far as carb and intake,I dont have good answers for you.The carbs not stock,its a Mikuni and what it came off of I dont know.I think the intake is a DG but i dont know that for sure.It has a DG head on it also
The pic of carb is from when I first got it,so yes Ive put a better fuel filter on it and new air filter

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
09-27-2011, 11:48 PM
that is one sweet ride i will find one of those heads and intakes some day.

El Camexican
09-27-2011, 11:59 PM
That can be welded, personally I'd TIG it

I'lll add that if you TIG it with brass rod it may last a little longer (not crack again in that spot) than if you use a carbon rod or stainless.

Jason125m
09-28-2011, 09:36 AM
What a beautiful bike. And yes, you can tig that up nicely.

redskinman
09-28-2011, 10:26 AM
thanks for the compliments and replies.Need to save some money to get pipe welded,just spent my wad on the DG.Might just get it welded and try and sell it,depends I guess on how the DG performs.Dont think I can resell the DG because I had to shorten it 2" to fit the silencer I had

Dirtcrasher
09-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Your air filter looks like garbage!! Clean it and oil it up prior to jetting......

redskinman
09-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Your air filter looks like garbage!! Clean it and oil it up prior to jetting......

Read my 2nd post,last line