PDA

View Full Version : scrambler 250 shots....UGLYY

Aregistereduser
09-26-2011, 10:18 PM
well here they are...i cant seem to figure out why it wont start...:wondering

jeswinehart
09-26-2011, 11:01 PM
I was fixing to say they are very cantankerous to having more then a thimble full of fuel in the crack case (that is why they have crank case drains on the lower front acseable thru the front skid plate larger hole) and won' start, ya gotta drain it. They are old school 2 strokes.
But where the heck is the motor ?
Hey, at least it has one tank emblem (rare stuff nowadays)

HondaRidr
09-26-2011, 11:16 PM
I would try replacing the oil, sparkplug, cleaning the carb and and add fresh gas. It should fire right up after that. ;)

MIK6
09-27-2011, 09:09 AM
Yep.. im w jon. Pull that drain plug and she will fire up, its fluid locked. Mine is fluid locked rite now lmao. A friend rode it last, thought he had the gas off but he spun it to reserve. I smelled gas and saw a puddle under it. I wont even try to start it till i pull that drain plug.
at different trikefest we have had to drain mine howdys and swineharts. Sometimes you need to use something to poke the trash if that drain has never been opened up.

MIK6 / Mike

just ben
09-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Yep.. im w jon. Pull that drain plug and she will fire up, its fluid locked. Mine is fluid locked rite now lmao. A friend rode it last, thought he had the gas off but he spun it to reserve. I smelled gas and saw a puddle under it. I wont even try to start it till i pull that drain plug.
at different trikefest we have had to drain mine howdys and swineharts. Sometimes you need to use something to poke the trash if that drain has never been opened up.

MIK6 / MikeI have very little to no knowledge on these trikes but I'm thinking the lack of an engine will make it somewhat difficult to drain the base

Jon Boy
09-27-2011, 10:26 AM
yes having an engine would help it start. man that thing does look rough though.

Howdy
09-27-2011, 12:36 PM
You all are missing the V-all motor in that machine. What's a V-all motor? If your going to ride it V-all going to have to push. j/k lmao

MIK6 is dead on correct here. The P3's ( as we call them ) can be a royal pain in the arse sometimes. But when they are running they are awesome!!! Double check to be sure you have good spark. My one P3 ( I have a few ) suddenly lost spark at TF11. Do to other urgent Projects here I haven't really had much time to look into the issue. If you have good spark then pull the spark plug, pull the motor drain plug, and also pull the short exhaust elbow by the cylinder.
A few years ago at TF I flooded the P3 with gas by not turning the fuel off. It flooded so bad that it filled that elbow up with gas ( I didn't know it ).
When it wouldn't start I drained the crank. But it still wouldn't start. I was going to remove the top end to see if there was damage or ?? I started to take off the exhaust and gas poured every where. I was like WTF? So I drained the exhaust and the crank again. I put it back together and hit the start button. It took about 10-15 seconds and she fired right up. It sprayed quite a bit of fuel out the muffler ( had fuel in it from trying to start it before ). The machine ran great until I run it through a Haspin mud pit and got mud ( clayment ) into the motor. It was a major rebuild after that ( bearings, piston, cylinder, seals, and crank ). Now I have 20 or so hours on it and don't have spark. lol Like I said before They are Awesome when they are running, but a P.I.T.A. when they aren't.
Howdy

Aregistereduser
09-27-2011, 12:50 PM
Yeahh it was a joke i didnt get a engine with it, paid 50 bucks for it.probably gonna throw a ttrailboss 250 engine it maybe a bigger polaris engine if itll bolt. Deffintly dont wanna part this out.

Howdy
09-27-2011, 12:58 PM
If you don't fix it I would love to have it in my stable ( I would take good care of it ). I have spare power supplies for it ( not selling them at this time ).

In the mean time you will just have to have someone push you around the yard while making motor sounds. lmao
Howdy