PDA

View Full Version : oh no! Not anOTHER mintyfresh sx.

tri again
09-26-2011, 05:57 AM
aaarrrggh

went by the bike shop and the lady asked me what trikes are worth.
so I went into my shpiel about 85+ models sx/br say 800 if everything works and 1,000-1200
if they are super new clean, orig tools, keys and dmv titles.

why?

Oh she had one out back someone traded in.

Honestly, little old lady only drove it to the mailbox and I am SURE it was never
cleaned because it Never got dirty!!!
85 sx.
starts with 1/2 kick, not sure I've ever felt one that new, I mean gotta be like
no more than 10-20 hrs on it since new.

Battery has 12volts but no lights or neutral/reverse lights and no elec start working.

Fuse is good but I heard on here about some weak wire link near the battery box but didn't see anything.
And again, I mean everything looks new new, wire wraps are still shiney. It was disgusting. Not even lightly dusty.

It was a short visit so I didn't get too involved.

These are the folks who just lost dad to that fracture work comp injury so I want to be super fair.
and maybe even just go fix it FOR them.
They may just (try to) give it to me because I'm doing the medical records review
for poor ol' dad, and the wrongful death case but I can't let that happen either.

oh, and it has a little valve tap that kinda goes away when oil pressure comes up.
and no racks, waaaaa.

I mean, this thing is simply new!
I'll get some pix tomorrow.

To recap, local prices are like
sx and br, everything works but dirty with cracks and marginal tires, an easy 800$
or say, side by side, working dirty and lovingly 'beat' farm trikes,
600 for an sx without racks, 800 br with racks and hitch.
and THEN
1000-1200 if they're all just too pretty with orig papers, tools and keys.

Don't really 'need' another one but I can rationalize if I sell one of the lesser than perfect ones to offset the
cost of this new one.
But I also like the beat looking farm trikes because they are theftproof ugly.
and I don't need another stable princess that I'm afraid to ride.

see?
All these things are in the top 10 warning signs of addiction,
denial, anger(frustration), bargaining, delusion, hope and resolve.

Maybe this belongs in some other category, but I DID mention
mechanical issues, so maybe I'm ok.

Thanks everyone.
I'm sure most of you (us) can understand parts of this dilemma.

atc007
09-26-2011, 07:01 AM
Buy it,,Simple. WHERE ELSE is this kind of oppurtunity going to present itself!!!! Sure,,be fair to them,,but please buy it! Should I start the whining? WHy are they always SOOo far away.... No I won't. ANY chance of you driving back to see good ol Dad for the Holidays Doc?? WInk,wink,,nudge,nudge... I would buy it. I guess you know that. If you do have such a theft problem around you,,,do a little quick research,,,motion detectors,,alarm systems,,MUCH more affordable than most realize!! Right up to and including Satellite surveillance for a monthly fee.. A little overkill,,but very nice to have when you fear a need. Get her,fix her,remove her battery,drain the tank and carb,oil up the inside of the tank. Spray her down with anti corrosion,,and Smile like a kid on Christmas morning,,EVERY time you walk buy her! Or,,,,ride her around the property every so often.. But please,,don't let her slip thru your fingers!

Swinger
09-26-2011, 07:04 AM
Thats a tough one there. Im an addict myself and dont think I could walk away from it. Just get it........ everyones doin it, just one more, all the cool kids got one,etc.. Peer pressure is a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro!!

dougspcs
09-26-2011, 08:57 AM
Before I figured out how to curb my addiction..I was scouring the local want adds and buying everything. I had 8 at one time..(I know it doesn't hold a candle to ATC007).

Then I realized I didn't have the money to fix up all these..I started selling the less perfect and found a happy ground at 4 trikes/1 quad!!

Now I have changed my approach..more quality, less on quantity!! As I see a really nice one..I buy then sell one of my herd.

This is your chance to up the curb appeal of your gang!!

If it's making you this nutz you gotta buy it!! This is a good way to do so...

Jason125m
09-26-2011, 09:10 AM
I would pick it up! I can't wait to see some pictures of it. I love mint 250 sx's. Good score =)
And, Doug, i'm scowering kijiji everyday looking for more. And i have 6, I think I need help too. LOL

Jason.

polka
09-26-2011, 10:19 PM
I have 3 SX's if it makes you feel better.