PDA

View Full Version : Honda atc 70 footbrake

pipeline triker
09-25-2011, 08:09 PM
I am trying to figure out a better brake for my sons atc 70. The hand lever is kinda far from the bars and is too hard for him to pull. What is the best way to makes the brake easier for him to use? I was thinking differant bars with a smaller better shaped lever, but a foot brake would be real nice. I need to do something as he knows how to shift and getting pretty good on it. The main problem with the hand brake is the reach and when he appies it he turns the bars that way because he has to reach to far. The bars are not bent nor the lever. I thought Sterdy had a foot kit but I can not find it. Will a trx 70 set up work and if so what do I all need? This is all for my 4 1/2 year olds but I will need the same stuff for my younger sons 70 also, both atc's are 1984's. Thanks inadvance for any help.

atc350xer
09-25-2011, 08:47 PM
I'd like to know the setup as well... for mine!

Vealmonkey
09-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Only the 87 trx 70s had the foot brake and they are super impossible to find. There were aftermarket rear brake pedals, but I knew of only one person that had them. You are basically going to have to fab something up that will work for your application.

Tri-ZNate
09-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Option b, pay a few bucks and bolt on http://Hondaatc70.com/Boltonrearbrake.aspx

pipeline triker
09-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Yes that brake kit is very nice, but you have to use there foot pegs. It also states that the pegs and pedal are designed for an adult to use, moves stuff foward, I need them for my kids.

jensenracing77
09-26-2011, 06:15 PM
the 87 TRX 70 foot brake setup works great but there is more to it than just bolting it on. you have to have the clutch cover, foot brake lever, shaft and spring from the TRX engine, and the cable mount cut off the frame of the TRX. after you cut the cable mount off of the TRX frame you will have to drill the back and tap it. then figure out where it has to go on the ATC frame and drill a bolt hole. they are very hard to find but if you can get the entire setup very worth it. i sold mine to mik6 (sp) so i can't get you any pictures. maybe he will see this and post a couple for you.