PDA

View Full Version : Didn't know these BRs were so tough...

UncleBubbles
09-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Just got my new starter put on, my carb cleaned up so it would run right, and was heading out for a little ride around the place (I live on a farm), I was just cruzin around, not really pushing it. Ended up around the sand pit, which has one steep side that is nearly impossible to climb. It can be done, but the sand has to have just the right moisture and luck has to be with you, and quads have no hope to climb it. So anyways I hit it in second and rolled into the throttle as I started the climb, things were going good till about 3/4 of the way up when the right side completely lost traction, I couldn't get off the the throttle fast enough, ended up side ways on a hill that the tires cant hold back on. I bailed and hoped the trike would sort off slide/turn to point itself down. It didn't and it rolled 19 and half times. It was still idling away upside down by the time I got there and rolled it right side up. What I can't believe it there is literally no damage! The handle bars got pushed down obviously but other than that the only thing that got hurt was my pride. It's not like it rolled slowly either, it did a couple flips in mid air. I would love to see anything new try that! On my run down the hill I was already agonizing about where I was going to find another rear rack, tank, that it wasn't going to be an all original trike anymore (it is an all original unrestored mint-ish 85 BR minus the starter). Made for an interesting day anyways.

tri again
09-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Almost don't need a video with that description.

Thanks
and congrats on surviving catastrophe.

Racks are like rollbars to save plastics.

I can't really think of anything to check, other than the obvious.

Running upside down for very long can't be good but no worse than
waiting for oil pressure to come up with a cold started engine.

atc007
09-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Pics are needed! Lets see her.

Lil Earl
09-18-2011, 10:14 AM
do those have open differentials or when it lost traction, did the other grab and spin you?

Jon Boy
09-18-2011, 12:54 PM
no open diffs. full live axle. pretty sure Kawi's are the only ones you could get a selectable diff.

Jason125m
09-18-2011, 04:23 PM
I really don't understand how you ended up sideways while climbing a hill. Unless you were doing a wheelie up it... this makes no sense to me.

Also, man, hillclimbing on a 250es?! Come on now...

Setting yourself up for failure trying to do that sort of stuff.

I know its your bike, and you do what you want, but man, poor Bigred.

dougspcs
09-18-2011, 04:38 PM
For the sake of your personal safety and your machine it sounds like you need to spend a bit more time learning the limits of your riding ability and your machine!!

Not sure what response you were expecting telling this tale?

Jason125m
09-18-2011, 04:47 PM
I honestly do not understand why people make threads like these.