PDA

View Full Version : Free Tecate 250!!!

Headsup
09-15-2011, 12:10 AM
well i just came in side from talking to my buddy ounce again. After talking about Trikes, and my 250sx. I asked him if he still has his old 86 tekate. He says yes, I say Well Whats it need and what do u want for it..
He told me It needs the Left side of the case, The side with the Kicker on it. Havnt seen it yet, He told me to Go out and pick it up. For Free, He wants nothing for it, He said Its a shame that its just sitting in his shed for a couple years.. So
Tomorrow i am going out and getting some snaps of it and Bringing it home!!!!
No idea what it looks like, He said when he had it he rebuilt crank, And top end. He also said he Sandblasted frame and swingarm and rear shock.
He told me Before 150 bucks will take her home, But He said He dont have the time or money, and that if i can get her fixed to just enjoy it..
Cant wait to go see it!! And to bring it home, Never rode a 2 stroke before. I am simply In Denial AtM!!
Anyway if she starts or doesnt start.. Good deal? I mean i told him i will Take my 250sx to his shed park it and trade him even up he said no he dont want any more trikes.. He is more on to the Trucks and jeep hill climbing.
Anyway What do you think a Right or left side of the engine case costs? I am not sure i really care. I will Sell my Wife to get it!!

O also he said he Fried Or blown 2 stators.? I said that could be due to A certain problem, he said No it was his own fault. He said he Raised hell on it.
Anyway i will post up some pics of her tomorrow or friday.
Any input?

Swinger
09-15-2011, 12:22 AM
Stators are know to go on the tecates! My advise would be to get ahold of jeswineheart and get him to fab you one up. Lots better than a stock one. If you have the old one send it to him! Side cases on ebay or a member on here can help you out too! Cant beat the price on this trike man, some guys have all the luck!!

slaughter
09-15-2011, 12:23 AM
Wtf why cant i have friends like that !??
that is awesome though

Headsup
09-15-2011, 12:41 AM
Yea met the kid maybe 9 years ago, Pretty Nice Kid, He is like 3 years older then me maybe, Around 27 maybe. He said the bike had been wrecked before, But No Real Hard damage had been takin, I am not really caring I have seen the trike when we first meet, And it was is Good condition, No cracks or Breaks in fenders, Hole Shot Blue tires. He said it burns blue smoke when u Smoke the tires.
He says his dad used to Race Trikes, Not sure on his name maybe i will try to get it. trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro could be an Old Legion?
Thanks for the Tip on the stator, Must be it, I will search posts for jeswineheart Maybe i can send him a Pm and try to get Him to Fabricate me one. Also thanks for the Case Tip on ebay also, Already found one. But However i cannot purchase or will not Buy anything untill i get her home. I thought they were like Series 3 or 4, I am not sure on what this one is. Thanks though guys,i cant sleep 1 am and all i want to do is go grab this sucker now!!
Cant wait to post pictures either!!

TatTooL23
09-15-2011, 01:14 AM
smoking the tires huh??? says good things about how well it was taken care of....... but price is right.....

Motorious
09-15-2011, 01:38 AM
I hate you... :mad:

Just kidding man... :p

You must have some good karma coming to you for scoring on a free Tecate.

I've seen like 2 Tecates come up for sale in my area: a minty one for $2500, and a beat one for $300. When I saw the $300 beater I was kicking myself for not having the money available at the time (didn't even contemplate the $2500 one, that was way beyond my broke-ass budget).

I don't know about other areas, but Tecates seem to be pretty rare birds around here, and from what I've read, they had the most powerful 250 2 stroke motors (stock that is).

Good luck fixin' her up.

just ben
09-15-2011, 07:49 AM
jeswinehart repairs the flywheels not the stator. You can get just the stator coils on ebay for 39.00 or the whole plate for 125.00. I wouldnt be a bad idea to send your flywheel off to him to prevent future problems. After you get it running and your wife bans you from it for being too fast,get ahold of me.I know a guy that would take it of your hands:)

Headsup
09-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Ben, Thanks for the Tips. Getting ready to go here in a few moments. Um Yea I live in town with no Truck available to haul it. So if It comes down to i. i will Let u know what i will do with it, Not really sure What im Going to do. Fix it and keep it, Or Part it or Fix it and sell it, Or just get it and sell it. If i do get rid of it, I will let u know. Hell 100$ would be fine for a free trike.

Addicted
09-15-2011, 08:24 AM
What I would do is send it to me:D I have a place picked out in my garage for a tecate:D

fabiodriven
09-15-2011, 08:39 AM
Congrats man. Good deal.

Just so you know the side with the kicker on it is the right side case half, not the left.