PDA

View Full Version : Atc110 help!!!

coreymacf
09-14-2011, 10:10 PM
I have a 1982 Honda ATC 110 and iv got problems,i cant get it to start,iv got spark,gettin gas,and compression but when i choke the carb it spit gas out of the back of it,and i can take the carb off and squirt gas into the intake and it will fire up.carb is clean,filter and tank are clean...i dont know what else to do so if someone can help me please do so.thanks

dougspcs
09-15-2011, 07:34 AM
You say carb is clean..do you mean it looks pretty clean or you just finished a rebuild?

Clearly you have a carb issue..I don't need to tell you that. Get a good quality overhaul kit and the service manual and rebuild it..

While you are at it drain and flush your tank and lines with fresh gas!!

Should be pretty straight forward..

H2Sbass
09-15-2011, 11:45 AM
You say it spits gas out the back of the carb ??? To me this suggests a valve issue. Check the clearance between the rockers and the ends of the actual valve stem. Should be about .005" I believe. Also, the valve timing could be out, refer to the manual for timing mark locations, these marks need to be bang on. One tooth out and it probably won't run or will barely run. When you line up all the marks at TDC of the comp. stroke, pull the plug and verify with a screwdriver that you are in fact at TDC. If your not, then either you're not on the comp. stroke or you may have sheared the flywheel key. Good luck, hope this info helps :cool:

atc007
09-15-2011, 12:01 PM
When you have a machine that does not run,then you feed it fuel and it runs till the fuel runs out. That is a fuel issue. Do as Doug said,however you seldom need to rebuild. And the cheaper kits will send you down a road of other issues! If it NEEDS rebuilt,by all means rebuild it. Take your tank off,and CLEAN it,empty it and flush it. Dry it,new lines. Then clean your carb,take it apart,and clean every passage with compressed air,and she will start 1st pull and whisper like a little kitten.

coreymacf
09-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Thanks guy but iv already took the carb completely apart and cleaned it with carb cleaner and compressed air and that thing is clean,trust me...and iv washed the tank out and put new lines and a new filter on it so it not that,but i am going to get a new carb cause i striped the screw holes out....and im going to check the valves like H2Sbass said,maybe it will help.thanks y'all