PDA

View Full Version : 85 125M clutch adjustment?

84HONDA_ATC125m
09-08-2011, 05:41 PM
I just went into the right side of my 1985 ATC 125m's engine to replace the "stopper pawl". I replaced it and got everything put back together. I go to adjust the clutch via the nut and screw on the side of the engine. The nut loosens up, but the screw will only turn about 1/4 turn to the right and as soon as you let go it springs back into place. I didn't take the clutch out or anything, and I have everything back like it was. Any ideas on how to adjust it?

shortline10
09-08-2011, 06:11 PM
Adjust center screw counter clock wise till you get a little resistance and then back a 1/4 turn clock wise and then lock it back with the nut .

I just went into the right side of my 1985 ATC 125m's engine to replace the "stopper pawl". I replaced it and got everything put back together. I go to adjust the clutch via the nut and screw on the side of the engine. The nut loosens up, but the screw will only turn about 1/4 turn to the right and as soon as you let go it springs back into place. I didn't take the clutch out or anything, and I have everything back like it was. Any ideas on how to adjust it?

tri again
09-08-2011, 11:16 PM
How was that 'stopper pawl' replacement?

did you need any special tools?
I just popped the side cover off right before dark and walked away from it.
Pretty sure we have the same problem..maybe aka "shift drum stopper"?