PDA

View Full Version : 1984 atc 200es front forks.

tjrider
09-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Hi all. Ive been around here just long enough to realize two things. First, trikes are my new drug. Second, I dont know jack about them. I was given a 200es a few months back and cant stand anything that does not work how it is supposed to work. That leads to my problem. The front forks. The suspension on this thing is in BAD shape. I have the front forks completely apart and both dampers are broke and the two springs in each fork are about to turn into dust from being so badly rusted. My question is, are the parts to rebuild these still available or does anyone know of a good upgrade? I know the 200m in some form can be used but Im not sure if I need the entire front end or if the fork sliders from the M will bolt onto the es forks? If anyone can help or has the parts I need (which is everything inside the fork sliders) that would be great and Im all ears.

Thanks for the help
T.J.

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
09-07-2011, 12:00 AM
With the 200m front end you will need the whole thing from the triple trees down including the hub and brake assembly. I have everything to do it to my big red just never got around to it.

tjrider
09-07-2011, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the help. You interested in selling the 200m clip. Since I dont have a working front end Id get around to it. lol Just PM me if your interested.

tjrider
09-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Can anyone tell me if when swaping a es front end out with a 200m front end do I also need the wheel and the front fender? Or are those parts interchangeable.

HONDA_ATC_FREAK
09-07-2011, 03:33 PM
yes you can use the 200es wheel but you will need a front fender.. i think i have one of them too have to look I may be interested in selling the whole lot but I'd have to check what I have. I know my triple tree will need paint as I stripped it completely already. The shocks were rebuilt with new seals and fresh oil. The hub will need bearings but there really cheap. Now that I think about it I don't have a front fender. I don't imaging shipping would be cheap since this stuff is heavy. Also i'm in night school so i'd have to wait till friday or the weekend to get anything done. If your interested pm me