PDA

View Full Version : 350x fork slider bushing??

aldochina
09-06-2011, 08:04 AM
this may seem silly, but i was wondering what side of the bushing to check for wear??:wondering i thought i should change them, but the more i look at it it seems the inside of the bushing is where the wear would be. outside is mostly copper, inside the teflon is like new. the fork tube bushings look like new, no copper showing! i dont have a new set to compare. someone please clarify. been up about 24 hrs now, cant think straight!

wonderboy
09-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Inside surface sounds correct to me. You're talking about the bushing at the top of the slider just below the seal, correct? That bushing is lightly pressed in and held by the outside surface, so there isn't wear there when in use.

aldochina
09-06-2011, 11:58 AM
ya, thanks. i'm good. inner surface on upper bushing. outer surface on lower bushing. cant get fork oil any where around here, was gonna try some 20 wt, but i guess i'll stick to the atf.

Dirtcrasher
09-06-2011, 01:12 PM
On the chrome tune, it's the outer teflon surface.

On the lower leg, it's the inner teflon coated surface.

I can usually find 15wt, 20 is tough; They say ATF is about 10wt.

aldochina
09-06-2011, 04:02 PM
thanks dc, glad your gonna make the ride this weekend. I'm sure you need a mental brake from all thats been going on with the rentals. i did find some 20 wt at a small local bike shop. its made by drag specialties for roadbikes, but its 20 wt fork oil none the less. he had golden spec in 5 and 10, but i figured that wasnt much diff then the atf!