PDA

View Full Version : alt 125 help

killr
09-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Is there an easy way to add some weight to the front end to make it turn better instead of sliding? I've considered filling the fork tubes with something or maybe putting fluid in the front tire? If anyone has done this any help would be great. Thanks.

fabiodriven
09-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Those are not great ideas.

What condition is your front tire in? People have been riding trikes for many, many years and I've never heard of anyone having to fill the tire with liquid or add weight to the front.

I don't know your riding ability or familiarity with trikes, but you should be able to make it turn without any problems. When turning at slow speeds, lean away from the turn and pick the inside tire up off the ground. Almost all trikes have a "live" axle which does not let the wheels spin at different speeds to aid in slow-speed turning. When at speed do just the opposite. Lean into the turn to keep the machine upright.

Long story short, no, you're not going to be adding weight to the front end.

fabiodriven
09-05-2011, 08:20 PM
By the way, if your tire says :shiftyeyes:Trailpro:shiftyeyes: on it, that's gonna be your problem.

Stoney McGee
09-05-2011, 08:48 PM
I've notice that the front end on my alt125 loves to bump up whenever I hit something and sometimes in a turn you turn the handlebars and it doesn't turn because the front wheel is off the ground. You have to ride it like a motorbike and lean like fabiodriven mentioned. It's not like a 4 wheeler, it's much more like a bike. Practice leaning with turns.

killr
09-05-2011, 09:20 PM
I've got countless hours of riding time on a honda 200x three wheeler and never had an issue with it. No problems turning at low speeds. Not sure of the brand of tires but the tread looks nearly new. Thanks.

fabiodriven
09-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Maybe try a less aggressive tread on the rears? Possibly a smaller rear tire as well maybe... You still running 22's on the rear?