PDA

View Full Version : durablue or axcaliber axle?

sbjones73
09-04-2011, 04:41 AM
for ice racing, and over all riding. durablue or axcaliber axle.

i was thinking the ax axle because it can go to +4, but never really heard of this axle before.

let me know, thanks:beer

Tri-Z Pilot
09-04-2011, 05:54 AM
Never heard of the Axcalibur, I personally would go with Durable, they have been time tested and have a lifetime guarantee or warranty, I forget Maybe you should look at the Durable Eliminator I believe it is called, they can go from plus 2, to plus 4 in minutes, and I think they may adjust to stock length also.
Remember though, you are going to be paying between $400-$450 for an aftermarket axle last time I checked. (unless you luck out on here or ebay).
Also it may be hard to find an axle for the 85R as they were different from the 86 R's and Fourtrax R's.
You may wanna think about going with an 86R or Fourtrax 250R swinger/axle carrier/axle. I like them because they have a rear brake caliper bracket instead of those weird 85R linkage setups.
You may wanna see about converting over to a 450R swinger/rear end. I think they look sweet and are a relatively easy swap plus they look sweet an shed a couple pounds, and are pretty easy to find a whole rear assembly on ebay.

jensenracing77
09-04-2011, 07:03 AM
axcaliber all the way. the axcaliber is made by LoneStar. the durablue is only life time warranty on the first axle. after that it is only 50%. the axcaliber is 100% warranty as many time as you need. also at Redbud MX races, there are some big jumps there. at the ATVA nationals there were 11 Durablue axles broken in one weekend and not one Axcaliber. durablue has a BIG advertising campaign and many go with them over the others but most any other brand is better than durablue.

Tri-Z Pilot
09-04-2011, 08:04 AM
If memory serves me correctly aren't the Axcaliburs like $700? (maybe I'm thinkin of something else)
I think Durablue would be fine, I don think you are gonna be jumping a trike anywhere near as far as a quad (unless you have one of those TPC 450X's with inverted forks)
Jensen, you happen to know the price difference?
I'm not disagreeing with you, I think Lonestar is an excellent company, but with Jones using it for I ce I think the price is the main factor.

fire1
09-04-2011, 10:59 AM
for the 250r retail from lonestar its 449.00
http://www.lsracing.com/honda-250r.htm

sbjones73
09-04-2011, 11:01 PM
i would be racing this during the summers a little bit but mainly for ice racing.

jensenracing77
09-05-2011, 07:59 AM
the last i knew they were the same price. for not jumping big enough on a 3 wheeler to hurt one, i literally seen 2 durablue axles brake right out of the box and on the first ride and only 2 foot of air. not even 10 minutes old. then they give the warranty axle to them and prorated the next axle when the first one only lasted 10 minutes. now these two were back around 2000 so i hope they at least don't have that trouble any more. the other thing i don't like about durablue is they use a differant sprocket hub spline. if you strip out the splines on the hub you have to buy another durablue hub. with lone star you can use the factory hub if you want.