PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Ever Hear Of WAN DA Brand Tires???

DasUberKraut
09-01-2011, 06:31 PM
So I picked up some 18x9.50-8 tires off my father inlaw a couple weeks ago. I figured these would have good grip on the ice and snow. Also I have mentioned before, I'm kind of a fat trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro at 300lbs. I would trade top end for get up and go for the hills and mud and snow. He told me they were a matched pair. I get there and they end up being "similar". Different brands, different tread patterns but somewhat close. At any rate they were both new for the right price so I took them home. After looking at them for a couple hours I decided I didn't want mismatched tires on the back of my 125m. Went on Ebay and searched for WAN DA tires. The one I liked best is a WAN DA. I found one right away and it was cheap on a brand new rim. Bought it and it came promptly. So I unwrap it and find out it doesn't match the one I wanted to use!!! It matches the other one I didn't want to that is a different brand. Kings Tire. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of this brand WAN DA. I never have. Does anyone know who sells this brand? I wish I could have found the tread pattern I liked. Ebay only showed a sideview and I was damn sure the tread was the same. I guess it's gonna be mounted up for a spare now.

Here is all three lined up. The WAN DA WD off Ebay on the left, Kings Tire from the father inlaw in the middle, and WAN DA I really liked from the father inlaw on the right.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w33/Duggalo/18x950-8s.jpg

Close Up of WAN DA WD
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w33/Duggalo/WANDAWD18x950-8.jpg

Close Up of Kings Tire
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w33/Duggalo/KingsTire18x950-8.jpg

Close Up of WAN DA
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w33/Duggalo/WANDA18x950-8.jpg
I really like this tread pattern compared to the other two. I may continue to look for a match for it.

fabiodriven
09-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Wait, you're 300 lbs and you ride a 125M? I'm fairly certain that's over that machines maximum capacity.

Lil Earl
09-01-2011, 06:43 PM
sorry i couldnt tell ya

Jason125m
09-01-2011, 07:02 PM
The maximum rating is 160. I can't say i have ever heard of that brand of tire... I agree with you on it having a very nice tread pattern though...

DasUberKraut
09-01-2011, 07:15 PM
Wait, you're 300 lbs and you ride a 125M? I'm fairly certain that's over that machines maximum capacity.

They have a weight rating? Really? Where is that located? I suppose it's just listed in the manual? Thankyou Fabio for pointing that out.
In my defense, I'm usually around 220...I've been laid off several times in the last couple years, and my wife was pregnant last year.
That is a bad combo when she makes you eat all the time. I'm trying to get back down to a normal weight.
I gotta say though. The 125m does move pretty good with me on it.

DasUberKraut
09-01-2011, 07:23 PM
For the record. It's nowhere to be found in the manual.

hillbilly 200x
09-01-2011, 09:04 PM
I seeing tires like that on a buddy of mines daymak atv.

tri again
09-01-2011, 09:23 PM

we load ours beyond belief.

3 people on a 110 and towing 2 dead trikes.

I think we all do at one time or another

I guess for safety's sake, it would be simply if the brakes work predictably.

There's some new info about mango's increasing metabolism.
we got some commercial grade stuff restaurants use to make smoothies.

The big prob we see is high fructose corn syrup.
It's used in EVERYthing and DOES NOT trigger
(the anterior pituitary gland) to tell the pancreas to secrete insulin.

so...in other words, our bodies do NOT recognize hi fructose corn sugar
as increased blood sugar.

Regular cane sugar and fruit does.

I can eat a whole box of cookies with hi f c s
but with real sugar, I can make it thru 3 or 4 and then quit.

Heck, I'm 250 and keep a honda mini trail 50 in the truck for the mining claim
and usually jump on an atc 90 to run across the pasture and drag logs back to the barn.

We have at least a 6 pack of big reds and sx's but, well, the little ones are just fun.

fabiodriven
09-01-2011, 09:45 PM

I think it says somewhere right on the trike.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Those little buggers are pretty rugged.

tommerp
09-01-2011, 10:12 PM
I bought a set of those tires ( The Wan-Da Style ) for my boy's lil Raptor 80 Quad - 18 x 9.5 x 8. They hook up pretty good actually. I'm not sure on longevity, but after a good summer of riding on hard pack, sand, dirt and gravel, they still look really good.

just ben
09-01-2011, 10:36 PM
i bet you could find a bunch of them tires if you look on ebay in china, and probably for pennies on the dollar. the only problem is you may need someone that can read them little symbol deals

DasUberKraut
09-01-2011, 10:39 PM
I bought a set of those tires ( The Wan-Da Style ) for my boy's lil Raptor 80 Quad - 18 x 9.5 x 8. They hook up pretty good actually. I'm not sure on longevity, but after a good summer of riding on hard pack, sand, dirt and gravel, they still look really good.

Good to know.

greenhuman
09-02-2011, 08:11 AM
I WAN DA how heavy they are?

Tri-Z Pilot
09-02-2011, 08:30 AM
Probably pretty heavy, betting they last awhile. I like em, it sucks you got 3 different tires, they all look so similar. I have never seen such an aggressive patern on 18's I would have guessed 22's.
They look awesome for ice studding.
I myself would love some Turf Tamers or Bandits, but I dont think either are made anymore.
I think I wanna do a set of 20/11/9 Mud Lites on the 350x I got coming, I think agressive tires would work well on a 350x instead of Holeshots.

DasUberKraut
09-02-2011, 09:52 AM
I love agressive tires in general.

tommerp
09-02-2011, 12:35 PM
The weight isn't that bad at all.. That little Raptor 80 can spin them no problem. And as for studding them.. that meat on each of those lugs would work awesome for that....

DasUberKraut
09-03-2011, 01:31 AM
I was going to try the hard water without studs to see if I really need em or not. I figure if I carry my ice auger on the rear cargo rack plus my weight I should be able to crawl through anything damn near. Usually after first good ice there is a decent hardpack road from all the traffic the rest of the season. The rest of my gear will be light and can go in the fishing sled getting towed. I gotta think I would almost use a cheap set of tires for studding anyways and save the decent treaded tires for the dry seasons.

jmit
09-03-2011, 02:07 AM
http://www.tjwanda.com/eng/index.htm

DasUberKraut
09-03-2011, 11:52 AM
http://www.tjwanda.com/eng/index.htm

Awesome. They have alot of great looking tread patterns.

GeoD
09-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Nice find jmit. I had the original Wanda tire website bookmarked but it no longer exists. I thought their company may have gone under.

http://www.wandatires.com/

Now, how do we get these tires in the USA again? I like the P357 6ply.

DasUberKraut
09-08-2011, 04:31 PM

So I was looking over TF pic threads... I don't think I have anything to worry about. Alot of riders are my size if not bigger than me. LOL.
Figured I would point that out...

Chazz of Blades
09-08-2011, 06:53 PM
If you wanna talk about aggressive 18s, I have a set of 18x9 Carlisles that have an inch tall tractor tread loose V style to em. Less than three hours on em too, still look like new except for the nips.

DasUberKraut
09-09-2011, 10:07 PM
If you wanna talk about aggressive 18s, I have a set of 18x9 Carlisles that have an inch tall tractor tread loose V style to em. Less than three hours on em too, still look like new except for the nips.

I had some Carlisles that had the square and triangle patterned tread on em. I wasn't very fond of it. Reminded me a kid's toy or wood blocks. LOL.

fabiodriven
09-09-2011, 10:40 PM
I had some Carlisles that had the square and triangle patterned tread on em. I wasn't very fond of it. Reminded me a kid's toy or wood blocks. LOL.

trailpro trailpro

sinsayers
09-09-2011, 11:00 PM
I have not seen that pattern before but I do have some WAN DA masters on my 200x, they are the exact same as the old mud shark.Tough tire and dig like a mutha, let us know how those work for you.

DasUberKraut
09-10-2011, 05:24 PM
I'm still waiting on the father inlaw to get his garage squared away so I can take my box of ATC rims over and sandblast and powder coat them. I think I have 5 rims separated and ready to go. The only one I left intact is the front one because it's a brand new tire before I aquired the machine. I think I left one other front wheel assembly from the 185s I just scrapped.

Still debating if I should buy tubes for the rear or just go tubeless. I still have to order o-rings before I can reassemble anything anyways.
I do have tubes that where in the 22's but I'm guessing those are too big for 18's.