PDA

View Full Version : a Pic of my 85 250 sx. (:Yeah shes a beater:)

Headsup
08-30-2011, 06:25 PM
LoL never posted one, And all the ones on here are Restored or very nice looking, Here is mine,
Runs great just one minor carb problem, i am just going to save up and buy a brand new carb, No cheapo this time. lol
Maybe put away and see about getting it restored.
Bagged and duck tapped the swingarm, lol just because honda didnt seal it very good.

http://i.imgur.com/3j6gI.jpg

tri-Z ripper
08-30-2011, 06:53 PM
Welcome to the boards. Just a thought, use some star-tron fuel stabilizer and clean your carb. lol Second Nice Sx glad to see its a rider, 2 it's probably a combination of gaskets/air leaks and the carb/air filter that;s causing your issue. By all means do what you have to do to ride. i personally can't ride my machines unless they are perfect of near that, trying to get over that by buying more used machines. lmao i only end up tearing those down and rebuilding as well.

fabiodriven
08-30-2011, 07:12 PM
:shiftyeyes:Trailpros:shiftyeyes:

oscarmayer
08-30-2011, 09:39 PM
dam you fabio. you beat me to it! again! :p

Headsup
08-30-2011, 10:50 PM
lol trailpros.... Yea i figured it would be either an air leak somewhere, Or my air filter, Ill start with the air filter work my way to the carb. Maybe this winter ill get to tear it apart and clean it all up, Get some fresh paint on it,. The frame Etc.. Need minor things yet, Clutch cable, new gas tank would be nice. Seeing this one was reemed out or something and some1 threw a car gas cap on it. Ill get more pics tomorrow, Just my camera died. EWverything looks muddy because i just dont care lol, Take it where ever it will go. Very fun and recommend it to anyone, always where a helmet though.
trying to go about scraping off old paint on fenders and repainting them, Thanks for saying its nice looking though, This thing is rode hard and still wanting more lol. figure i get her all done up, with new exhaust or something She will be a machine..

tri again
08-31-2011, 12:21 PM
I have a few like that and lovingly call them 'theft proof ugly' which is just fine with me.

I'd rather it's till in the truck and dirty than shiny and GONE!

Be careful with the exhaust or you'll have that carb off many times trying to get the jets right.
A 250 carb off and back on ONCE is enough for me.

My newest sx has an aftermkt keihin carb with a regular flip choke and accel pump and it hauls ssssssss.
keihin QB 01 B FO.

Which clutch cable are you describing?

yupp and make sure you change the gear oil.
it's only like 3 ounces and it needs every drop and they also let water in real easy so
make sure you stay on top of THAT topic.

If you keep the tank full it can't rust anymore.

drip some penetrant on the exhaust studs and the front axle bolt where it goes thru the aluminum whenever you think about it.

Make SURE you get the oil filter replacement sequence correct or it will ruin the engine within seconds.

you DO know there are free manuals in the world class help section, right?

cool machines...I can't seem to say no to buying them, however cosmetically challenged.
No one wants to ride the ugly ones, which is just Fine with me.

Headsup
08-31-2011, 09:24 PM
^^ Yea i agree with the Carb off and On OUNCE.. Lol its a pain in the arse...
Sorry i did say clutch cable, Must have been thinking of something else, I Meant a Cold Start Plunger cable, Like the choke cable.
Also could use a whole replacement of the piston in it and needle (It's a little worn). I actually printed out a manual from here, Thanks 3WW!
Read it every chance i get, Always something new it in. I Usually try to Change the Oil Ounce every 2 to 3 rides. I change the Gear Oil With Hypoid Every 2 weeks i would say, Usually pretty clean. But i wrapped a bag and duck tape where the rubber boot is leading to the driveshaft. Honda didnt seal it good i heard, and also it was previously cut. I dont have any huge mud holes or anything here, Mostly feilds and trails maybe.
Just did it mostly for the rain.

Anyway The tank isnt rusty anywhere inside or out. Actually i am not 100% sure it is teh original tank, I mean this thing is heavy steel.. If it is the prior owner cut off the part of the tank where the cap would go on, So the cap is just sitting in there. I try to wrap it in tape before i go, Make it tight. (Takign extra with me lol)

Alot of minor things really, Just one thing happen recently idk what to do. The bolt that hold the tank on.. Snaped off inside it, I couldnt get it out, thinking of Re Tap it or something, Buy a tap from coles and use my drill?

Rev and neutral lights i cannot get them to come on, went threw the wire section of the manual, everything seems fine, just it wont turn on, The bulbs are good. The reverse light came on for a split second while hittign R, But never again, Maybe a shortage or something..
Idk i could go on and on with the minor things,..

Also thanks for the tip on teh oil filter replacement. I didnt know that, So like if the spring isnt in or the filter is backwords,? I just changed mine before i rode it. Pretty sure i got it in there right. Brand new carb rebuild kit from Moose or something, i dont remember, Brand new swingarm Bearings and Battery.
It needs a little TLC.

Also 1 QQ
lts say i was going to tare my trike down to frame and clena it all up and paint it,
Best way of going about remembering to put it back together,
Pics i know and manual, But there seems to be so much more trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro on this then a 185s, lol

Thanks for the tips!! more pics to come tomorrow hopefully, I got soem new batteries.. :)