PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Tri Moto 175 Carb Problem help

dnoftz
08-29-2011, 02:25 AM
I have a tri Moto 175. Im prity sure its not the wright carb on it but regardless it ran when I got it. The other day I was riding and it Idell really high and I shut it down. Now I have gas poring out of the carb and when I start it I have to thumb the trotole to keep it running, and half the time it bogs down and stalls. I took the carb apart to clean and it was clean so I cleaned it any way and put it back to gather but still leaks like crazy.
Is my float bad? any suggestions

just ben
08-29-2011, 07:34 AM
if your float level is set properly check the needle and seat,it's usually the cause

Husky250
08-29-2011, 10:47 AM
To check your foat level hold the carb up in front of you and blow into the fuel line. The air should shut off as the floats reach level. If not, cold forge (bend) the little tab on the float (that holds the seat)until it does. I would also check my spark plug. Generally an engine will idle really high if it is running lean (not enough fuel). Anyone who has ever run out of gas will remember the idle shooting up just before the motor shuts off. If the plug is white....ish you are lean, If it is black...ish you are rich. There are any number of color combinations between to indicate how you are running. I put a KX65 carb on my TTR125, it took alot of float adjustments and plug readings (resulting in jet changes) but it runs like a champ now!

dnoftz
08-29-2011, 12:56 PM
I know for sure it did not run out of gas. The tank was full and the card was leaking bad. Is there a way to make sure the float is still good. I will try to make sure the float is leveling. any other suggestions would be help full thanks guys

just ben
08-29-2011, 09:39 PM
To check your foat level hold the carb up in front of you and blow into the fuel line. The air should shut off as the floats reach level. If not, cold forge (bend) the little tab on the float (that holds the seat)until it does. I would also check my spark plug. Generally an engine will idle really high if it is running lean (not enough fuel). Anyone who has ever run out of gas will remember the idle shooting up just before the motor shuts off. If the plug is white....ish you are lean, If it is black...ish you are rich. There are any number of color combinations between to indicate how you are running. I put a KX65 carb on my TTR125, it took alot of float adjustments and plug readings (resulting in jet changes) but it runs like a champ now!

yeah thats how to set the float level! check the mikuni website to see how to properly set it. they have service manuals that are very helpful

Husky250
08-29-2011, 09:56 PM
I dind't mean you ran out of gas, that was just explaining (however poorly) that when you starve the motor of fuel it will idle high.