PDA

View Full Version : 250sx Needle Jet?

Headsup
08-28-2011, 07:30 PM
So does this thing come out or what? also if so does it come out threw the top or bttom?
here is a pic of what i mean.
http://i.imgur.com/ZfCqq.png

The jet that the needle slides into. I got a new one but cannot seem to get the one out.

tri again
08-29-2011, 04:37 PM
I've been thru tons of these carbs but never had to remove one.

I'd try the search key.

I did try to get the cold start jet out of one but drilled it larger instead.
That was really stuck in there.
Generally, they say to ...well, I'll send you the cold start factory recall
bulletin and you can see what they say.
I even got some of that 'freezing wart remover' thinking I could shrink the jet specifically
with the carb body warmed in the oven.

Hopefully someone will chime in, at least to make fun of my suggestions, and tell you the right way to do it.

Headsup
08-29-2011, 10:11 PM
thanks for that, I got it though, I took a screwdriver Just small enough to fit threw the gap, And took the throttle piston and stuff out, Whack on it with the screwdriver with a rubber mallet. Boom came right out. Still has the same Dieing while Punched issuie at idle though.

Also where did u get that carb at? Mine does not have that screw in the side, Of where the slow jet or whatever goes, The starter fuel screw? Mine is just metel there, no spots to even put one.
also what do u want for that>? maybe thats the issuie, The carb is just A japan one or somthing

tri again
08-29-2011, 11:31 PM
thanks for that, I got it though, I took a screwdriver Just small enough to fit threw the gap, And took the throttle piston and stuff out, Whack on it with the screwdriver with a rubber mallet. Boom came right out. Still has the same Dieing while Punched issuie at idle though.

Also where did u get that carb at? Mine does not have that screw in the side, Of where the slow jet or whatever goes, The starter fuel screw? Mine is just metel there, no spots to even put one.
also what do u want for that>? maybe thats the issuie, The carb is just A japan one or somthing

what year is yours?
the early 85 sx carbs were Keihin QA 01 and everyone hates them.
Newer ones have a rubber plug in one of the jet holes and another jet into the side at a 45 degree angle.

My newest sx has a Keihin aftermarket carb with a regular flapper flip choke AND an accel pump so it takes off like a chainsaw.

I'll have to go look tomorrow.
I DID post it in the last week or so on here.
Someone else had a 250sx carb problem.

I was always a hardcore stock parts guy till I ran this sx with the aftermkt carb.
Pretty sure I saw them on ebay but called the company in florida directly.
wound up fixing my orig QA 01 by opening up the cold start jet and then got this new sx that is my favorite out of 6 or 8 250's

tri again
08-29-2011, 11:45 PM
found the ## 3 days ago.

the accel pump carb on my newest sx is a Keihin QB 01B F0
Then a square missing the left vertical line like a backwards c
and an "A" with a rectangle around it.
Regular black plastic flip choke that you really don't need because a couple pushes on the throttle squirts gas.

Headsup
08-30-2011, 06:19 PM
my carb is a Keihin QA02A And an A inside a Square WF and Either a Star Or a Japan Symbol.

Mine is a Year 1985 250sx. Um strange because where it says my Engine serial number is to be, on the right side With the exhaust, The only thing it says is 246cm with a small 3 beside it...
The only other Inprint of numbers i can see are, R-N-SL-1-2-3-4 on the Side case where my shifter is..
Any ideas?