PDA

View Full Version : The New to Me US90 is Here.....mmmm?

coolpool
08-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Well it survived the 2000 mile bus trip with just a bent plate behind the sprocket. All I can say is this is the last trike I buy sight unseen. Don't get me wrong, it seems lightly used and is fairly complete but the seller may have left out a few details, like;

1. The tires are fair at best. No plugs or patches but some dry rotting
2. There is no spark even though he said it run a year ago when he sprayed gas in the carb. Any ideas why it would lose spark without running over a year? I cleaned the rust off the rotor, changed the plug and disconnected the kill switch? Still nothing.
3. There is paint splatter all over the pristine seat and rear fender. Any idea how to get it off?
4. It is missing the gas tank pad and strap.
5. The light switch pig tail has one wire broken off.

Check out the pics after I put it back together and cleaned it up. Any ideas on above questions welcome. Thanks!

Tri-Z 250
08-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Try steam cleaning it... my steam shark has come in handy for over spray and exactly what your mentioning(not high pressure just a household cleaning machine). Look to these guys for your part needs...just may have what your looking for www.hondanuts.com

just ben
08-27-2011, 12:23 AM
castle brand "brake bath" will take over spray right off. I have used it on plastic and painted surfaces without a problem but I go right behind it with soapy water and then a rinse to be safe

atc350xer
08-27-2011, 12:32 AM
Mighty Green... sweet! What's up with the grab bar and tail light? Looks cool, but nothing like mine...

atc007
08-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Points need filed. That'll give ya spark. All great ideas above for the overspray. I find different things work better on diferent paints. Just when I think I've got it figured out,,along comes some I can't get off! I usually use gas,or paint remover,,,followed VERY quickly with nice sudsy water. You don't want ANY of these hanging out on a 40 yo seat any longer than neccessary! Nice trike. Enjoy!!

shortline10
08-27-2011, 07:25 AM
X2 on filing the points and if that doesnt do it replace them , even if they look good they do go bad over time .

hillbilly 200x
08-27-2011, 07:41 AM
X3 on filing, but you have to clean them after words take a 5dollar bill and spary it with carb cleaner, turn the fly wheel so that the points are open, put the bill in the opening then turn the fly wheel until the point close then pull the bill out. you may want to do this a few times

just ben
08-27-2011, 08:49 AM
X3 on filing, but you have to clean them after words take a 5dollar bill and spary it with carb cleaner, turn the fly wheel so that the points are open, put the bill in the opening then turn the fly wheel until the point close then pull the bill out. you may want to do this a few times

I was going to ask why use a 5.00 bill then I remembered you are in canada I guess a loony wouldnt have the same affect lol.

coolpool
08-27-2011, 10:23 AM
All great ideas guys. I'm off to a show'n'shine with both US90's today but I'll try those tricks when I get home.

Thorpe
08-27-2011, 11:33 AM
My us90 was running one minute, and not the next... Had to clean up the grounds for the coil.... Popped off first pull after that...

muthey
08-27-2011, 12:24 PM
also have you check the kill switch itself yet 2000 mile trip wires could have rattled loose in there, also is it just me or are the handlebars bent a little

coolpool
08-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Great idea on the points, ATC007, Shortline10 and Hillbilly200X. I got her to run after I did that trick. Thorpe, I did clean up the coil grounds ealier and I disconnected the kill switch all togther to eliminate that possibility Muthey. Now for the carb issues.

Thanks again folks!