PDA

View Full Version : 82 atc 110 sprocket question

59GMC
08-26-2011, 12:08 PM
hey there, i was looking at my trike today and was wondering if you have to remove the side cover of the engine to replace the front sprocket. (havent taken it apart yet). i have heard that the screws can be really hard to get out of these things. any help would be usefull. thanks

rdlsz24
08-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Yes on the 110 the front sprocket is not on the outside of the engine. It's a pain in the neck job but is not overly complicated. The service manual will walk you through how to do it. Another downer is a new sprocket is pricey because it is a decent sized hunk of metal

Rob

tri again
08-26-2011, 12:28 PM
I'd get an impact screwdriver from harbor freight for like 10 bucks.
They have a cam in them so you turn it the way you want the screw to come out and it will sorta walk over the internal cam.
They you hit it solidly with a nice hefty hammer and it drives INto the screw head as the cam gives it a nudge in the correct direction.
Practice once on a drywall screw and you'll have it figured out.

Not sure if you need it for this job but it's THE only thing I trust to get phillips head screws out.
and make sure the bits fit perfectly.
#1,2 or 3 I think are like 50 cents each.

Manuals are free to download in the world class help section on the front page of
trikesylvania

59GMC
08-26-2011, 03:11 PM
ok thanks alot. i was able to pick up a new set or sprockets on ebay for 10 bucks! soi guess i scored on that deal.

rdlsz24
08-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Yes that is a great deal on the sprockets. Normally the front one is $25+ by itself.

I second Joe's advice on the impact screwdriver. They work great on breaking those screws loose that hold the case covers on

Rob