PDA

View Full Version : 250r carb advise

pcs
08-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Im going to help a riding friend with his 250r carb swap. He currently has an ftz trx/cr hybrid engine with the old CR cylinder, drag porter and has the long rod/stroker setup.
http://www.ftzracing.com/images/ATVengPkg.pdf
he is currently running a 34mm pj keihin carb bored out 36mm. from what we have found out online and asking around its a bit on the small side for that engine.
i got a hold of a 39mm pwk keihin carb off my other friends quadzilla and was wondering if that carb might be too big for that combination? the good thing is that physically they are very close in their outside dimensions so fitment isnt a big issue. the atc is only used for duning and hillshooting so it spends most of its riding time in the upper half the rev range. thx

250rRoostmaster
08-25-2011, 04:58 PM
I'd say a 39mm would be just about perfect for that setup from what i'm seeing...

pcs
08-25-2011, 06:56 PM
thx for your input
every year him and i always come back to dune season a little quicker. when he races my ltr, on short runs its close, but on long hills like olds or comp hill, ill pull on him on the top end so he is hoping that this carb will help close the gap.

250rmanfmf
08-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Thats carb will work great and will really help on the topend