PDA

View Full Version : -- Value of an all original mint shape 1969 US 90 ??????

TatTooL23
08-25-2011, 01:02 PM
I am wondering if anyone has any idea what an original 1969 US 90 is worth. It's the yellow. I have located one right near me. Guy says it's not for sale. I know it's only what people wanna pay for things and I know it's not really a buyers market right now. But with all that aside what really could one bring. I only have one small pic of it.

Xpress
08-25-2011, 01:20 PM
A lot. Better break out a few credit cards.

TatTooL23
08-25-2011, 01:38 PM
the guy says he won't sell it. but i really wanna know what it could bring.

Vealmonkey
08-25-2011, 02:34 PM
If the guy won't sell it, it won't bring anything. Why are you so worried about what it's worth? It's not yours. I'm not sure I like your obsession about what somebody elses posession is worth.

Lil Earl
08-25-2011, 02:52 PM
i would be curious as well for if he ever decides to sell it

atc350xer
08-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Mike @ VMS could tell you... he's probably sold a few...

gomer202
08-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Mike @ VMS could tell you... he's probably sold a few...

But I'm preety sure all the ones he has sold have been restos

mike from long island
08-25-2011, 04:00 PM
I paid $405 for my orginal owner 1969 US90. So its worth $400 bucks.

Thorpe
08-25-2011, 04:08 PM
I bought my all original '70 for 80 bucks....

ezmoney1979
08-25-2011, 04:29 PM
A big question would be- What do mean by "mint shape"? The condition of the tires are obviously the most important thing to consider. Also the proper fenders and seat are a little more than difficult to obtain. I gave $400 for my 1970 in battered shape. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?120977-1970-Honda-US90-(aquarius-blue)&highlight= Also I believe 70' to be the first model year?

TatTooL23
08-25-2011, 06:08 PM
ok obviously no one read the initial post. i don't care about something is only worth what is paid for it. that means nothing. i got two '85 tecates for $260 total both run, one has a +6 original durable axle. this does not mean they r worth only $130 and using deductive logic then saying a +6 durable is worth only $40. u guys r missing the point. if it were new with sale tags, ZERO MILES what does someone think it would be worth. there r values of things. i am curious. this is a forum and a community where i thought questions could be asked.

Vealmonkey, im not sure i like your worthless responses to threads. as to not clutter my thread, if u don't know what its worth then move on.
it is my business if i wanna know an answer, sorry if u don't like that. I'm sure u have never asked a question related to that in anyway with a trike or parts, or just been curious right?

Everything is for sale. he says it isn't but obviously if offered the right amount he would take it. if it turns out to be worth more then i thought i would offer him a large amount and get it and still be ahead.

didn't think i had to explain every inch of such a simple question but i guess i need to understand the WIDE variety of brains that live in this world. thanks guys.

dear140
08-25-2011, 08:08 PM
i feel ya man

atc007
08-25-2011, 08:30 PM
My .02 would be as stated,,the tires and fenders set the value. BUT,,my Opinion would be ,,not much.. I'm not an Ebayer,,but locally, there is a Extremely nice Orange,72 I believe,,he has had it for sale for $800 for well over a year. I intend to buy it,,but we all know how that can go! I think ,,"HOPE'',,in a decade or so,,it would have to be worth something. I have it somewhere in my cluttered head that Mike sells his new repops for around $ 4000?? I have NO clue why I even think that? So,bottom line,,You couldn't go wrong anywhere South of $600-$650 if it's nice?

just ben
08-25-2011, 09:00 PM
there is a small dealer out my way that has a few in mint or close to mint shape. The next time I am out there I will try to pick their brain a bit to get an Idea what they paid for them. The real question isn't what its worth on the retail market. It's what it is worth to you and the stubborn seller. everything has a price it's just a matter of wowing him with an offer

Dirtcrasher
08-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Your mint and his mint may not be the same. Mint, true mint could be worth allot of cash..............

humdig
08-25-2011, 09:50 PM
Hey guys, I just picked up a 1969 US 90 on ebay for 250.00. I will be restoring it this winter. I will keep you posted on progress and some pics!

swifty
08-25-2011, 10:59 PM
yeah true mint 1970 us90's have brought $8,000+ and some guys "mint" 70 us90's bring $600 keep in mind a nos balloon tire is $2,500+ and the same tire with a plug in it is $200-400 so its a very sketchy subject with no pics just the word mint to go on

Xpress
08-25-2011, 11:15 PM
When I think of the term "mint condition", I am thinking of a vehicle that looks like it had just rolled off of the showroom floor. Not something with dry rotted tires, or weather cracks, or scratches on the tank or fenders, or rust on the header pipe, or anything like that.

Mint condition should mean something that looks exactly the same way it did back in the day when it was for sale on the show room floor, with every single part looking like it is fresh off of the assembly line.

And a mint condition US90 I could see reaching into the $15-$20 grand range easily. I wonder how high one would go for still in the crate?

TatTooL23
08-26-2011, 12:10 AM
Thanks guys those r answers I'm looking for. I'm not asking what this one I am looking is worth. Obviously u guys don't c it. I'm asking if one were mint what would it bring.

Xpress I agree completely with trailprotrailpro description of mint. I know it has original tires all hold air, original seat no rips, original fenders and tank no dents at all. I am going just to lay my eyes on the first ATC. I wanna get some pics and just have a conversation with the guy.

coolpool
08-26-2011, 12:25 AM
I know that I'd be more than happy to drop a decent buck (2-3K) on it IF it's all original, in immaculate shape, and the tires were as you say. Not rotted or overinflated. If you get a chance to look it over, bring a flexible tape measure and measure around the circumference of the tires. I believe the measurement should fall between 68 3/4" and 70" with 2 lbs of air in them. Good luck and try to get a pic or two.

ctbale
08-27-2011, 01:51 PM
coolpools numbers are what I was thinking too ... but on the other hand, I have seen nos tires go on ebay for $1500 each

vintagemotorsports
08-27-2011, 04:55 PM
My 2 cents on the value of US90s, can be from $500 to 12K I have bought and sold US90s all in that price range . every one has its own variable that make it worth more or less. in my 20 years of collecting and restoring these bikes I have yet to see an all original untouched US90 bring more than 6K and this was an all out gourgeous original bike and thats simply because I have not seen one yet that is perfectley preserved meaning every part is as it came from honda there is always something on an original bike that received some damage in its now 41 years of being around, could be a tire or 2 that was left on a dirt area and dry rotted , a torn seat , a faded rear fender or scratched paint , rust on chrome parts etc . What i am getting at is unless one was taken from the crate and put in a climate controled room I doubt you will ever find a truley mint perfect US90, thats not to say an unrestored real clean US90 isnt cool Hell yea there is nothing better to see something that old in its original state. But the high dollar bikes are US90s that are made to be perfect typically from individuals who either hire a guy like me or build there own bike and go through the pain staking process of tearing it down to nothing and building it back up , using high dollar new old stock honda parts or perfectley restored parts to build a bike that would resemble something honda would have rolled off the show room floor. these bikes typically start off as a $1500 real nice original bike and get loaded up with high dollar nos parts , add on top of that plating, chrome work, body and paint labor, high dollar balloon tires , and the endless list of little odds and ends for parts needed to pull it off, and if you are having the restoration done labor to put all of this production together these are where the bikes can add up to 8-10K easy depending on the nos parts list involved. Like i tell all my customers dont restore something to make money later on because you wont . restore it for you to enjoy and keep and its like that with anything. attached a couple of restored us90 pics I did these are such an iconic bike and a real important parts of our ATV history . Mike

atc350xer
08-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Mike, your work is simply amazing.

edog
08-28-2011, 03:10 PM
My 2 cents on the value of US90s, can be from $500 to 12K I have bought and sold US90s all in that price range . every one has its own variable that make it worth more or less. in my 20 years of collecting and restoring these bikes I have yet to see an all original untouched US90 bring more than 6K and this was an all out gourgeous original bike and thats simply because I have not seen one yet that is perfectley preserved meaning every part is as it came from honda there is always something on an original bike that received some damage in its now 41 years of being around, could be a tire or 2 that was left on a dirt area and dry rotted , a torn seat , a faded rear fender or scratched paint , rust on chrome parts etc . What i am getting at is unless one was taken from the crate and put in a climate controled room I doubt you will ever find a truley mint perfect US90, thats not to say an unrestored real clean US90 isnt cool Hell yea there is nothing better to see something that old in its original state. But the high dollar bikes are US90s that are made to be perfect typically from individuals who either hire a guy like me or build there own bike and go through the pain staking process of tearing it down to nothing and building it back up , using high dollar new old stock honda parts or perfectley restored parts to build a bike that would resemble something honda would have rolled off the show room floor. these bikes typically start off as a $1500 real nice original bike and get loaded up with high dollar nos parts , add on top of that plating, chrome work, body and paint labor, high dollar balloon tires , and the endless list of little odds and ends for parts needed to pull it off, and if you are having the restoration done labor to put all of this production together these are where the bikes can add up to 8-10K easy depending on the nos parts list involved. Like i tell all my customers dont restore something to make money later on because you wont . restore it for you to enjoy and keep and its like that with anything. attached a couple of restored us90 pics I did these are such an iconic bike and a real important parts of our ATV history . Mike

I have seen his stuff first hand!

Mosh
08-28-2011, 03:22 PM
I may be repeating this fact, but used OEM tires that are in good condition and hold air can bring 300$ a piece.
So if it has that, at least 1200$ LOL.
And see if it has the ever elusive tire pump.

There is one up the road from me that has been spray painted and is rough, but the tires looked pretty decent. I know I could get it for a few hundred, and just sell the tires and make some money.
I have been thinking about it.