PDA

View Full Version : 1982 Honda 185S in my park

HondaClaw
08-16-2011, 08:29 PM
This guy I know in my trailer park owns a 1982 Honda ATC 185S and he is asking $300 for it, or a PS3. The rear fender is in good shape although missing the trim, there is no front fender, the headlight works, although the casing is comprised of some red tape now, the right front brake handle is missing, but the front brake arm moves and the brakes work fine up front, it fires up in one or two pulls, everything seems fine. I would buy it if I had the cash.. Anyone opinions?

Vealmonkey
08-16-2011, 08:43 PM
The price isn't bad, but it still doesn't really describe how the guy took care of the trike. Regular oil changes and stuff, which I highly doubt. Go over the trike with a fine tooth comb. Check your chain condition. Check for rust inside of tank. Get the front end up in the air and spin the wheel and see what kind of shape the front wheel bearings are in. Check the rear wheel bearing by spinning the rear axle while the trike is in neutral. Anything you have to repair takes away from the value of the trike. How do the brake pads look or what kind of shape are the throttle and brake cables are in. All these things affect your safety and the trikes performance and cost money to repair or replace. After going over the trike, the darn thing may not be worth $100 bucks on a good day. Buyer beware. And if you do buy it. Make sure to wear your helmet. If you don't have one, buy one. And get an honda shop manual. Good luck on your potential purchase. And why would you trade the guy a perfectly good working PS3 for a substandard trike???
And I'll give you a break on the trike in a trailer park joke! LOL

HondaClaw
08-16-2011, 08:51 PM
I should check those out, I highly doubt by the time I'm done replacing the rear axle on my 300, and the swingarm bolts bearings and drive shaft on my Big Red will I have enough cash (I also doubt he will still have it) I also do own a nice HJC helmet. Oh I also know the tank is not rusty for one it is plastic, and two it came off of my old Kawasaki KX80 dirtbike (my dad sold him the bike it was siezed up) Hahaha a new tank right there that'll knock off a good $120.. I don't think I could make him budge on the price. And yeah he does wheelies on it and doughnuts so I should try and save it while I can o.o and I have no idea how often the oil was change.. If I get it, it will be ASAP.