PDA

View Full Version : Why do?

stalker stopper
08-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Why do Honda's 250r's hold better value than the Yamaha Tri-Z 250?

It looks like parts are more available for Honda and there are more 250rs out there.

The yamaha Seems to be more rare.

Dano 9600
08-13-2011, 06:14 PM
I would say anything Honda is worth more than other brands usually. They have the best reputation for quality.

250rmanfmf
08-13-2011, 07:45 PM
There is more demand for them. Even if there are more of them. More people want them. One is mainly because its a Honda and the reputation and another is there are more parts for them which makes it easier to fix or modify. I also believe the TRX250r helped also as if you wanted to buy a 3 wheeler and never really had one before well the 250r is the TRX250r but in 3 wheeled form.

just ben
08-13-2011, 11:36 PM
I think its because alot of people dont know that kawasaki made a better racer! but really it seems that there is alot more in the aftermarket thats still available

HuffieVA
08-14-2011, 12:43 AM
It's simple, in general when people think three wheelers the generally think Honda, believe it or not many don't actually realize that Yamaha & Kawasaki ever made trikes, let alone Suzuki... Its fine with me though, I prefer Tecate's :D

El Camexican
08-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Good news is that I think the bottom on three wheeler prices was reached some time ago, so hopefully whatever three wheeler you buy today, odds are it will be worth at least that much if you want to sell it some day. Having just done a ground up rebuild on a Tri-Z I can tell you a 100% origional rebuild would be tough and expensive. They were only made 2 years, the shortest run time of all the Jap 250's. Personaly I'd love a Tecate, but clean decent affordable units seem to be far and few between. If you want to take the easy way out and be like everyone else, get a Honda.