PDA

View Full Version : ATC 110 carb/jetting help

BeerMan87
08-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Hey guys. I got a few mods on my three wheeler and a few im going to put on. I have the Rocky 56mm piston kit (not installed yet). The CAM from DrATV (not installed yet). What is on the trike is a DG pipe and UNI Air Filter. With all of those combined am I looking at a bigger carb or just a bigger main jet?
I know the Rocky piston puts it at 125cc. The 110 and 125 share the same 16mm carb with just different jetting AFAIK. Is the jetting for the 125 a good place to start for those mods?
Its running good as is but its time to install the goodies :cool:

BeerMan87
08-13-2011, 09:49 AM
I find it hard to believe no one has a modded 110 and could help me out here....

tri again
08-14-2011, 07:45 AM
Wonder where everyone is?
Just another summer riding weekend.
Might have to wait until it rains over the whole country to get some answers.

I'm going thru a 110 right now but trying to stay stock.

Not sure how much displacement a 56mm? piston will change.
cam change? hard t to tell.
There are tons of threads about folks going with aftermkt exhaust
and then fooling with jet changes until they have a seizure. so it seems that exhaust is the biggie
for carb mods.

If it were me? (lazy and old)
I'd drop the cam in by itself and run it for a while.

My other trick is to make suggestions that are just annoying enough to the serious
trikers that they will JUMP in and tell you exactly what works and what to watch out for.

Do the rings seems ok so far?
does it smoke?
Do you have something else to ride while this one is at the machine shop being bored?

There are manuals in the 'world class help' section and some orig sales brochures that are fun to read too.

There!
Maybe this will get your thread back in the active section.

..and welcome btw

BeerMan87
08-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Do the rings seems ok so far?
does it smoke?
Do you have something else to ride while this one is at the machine shop being bored?

I actually have new rings on the stock piston right now. I was actually running the trike with just the exhaust and a new air filter and was having issues going WOT with just those mods already. It sputters and backfire when you give it hell. I couldn't seem to dial it in no matter what I did. The carb is also rebuild and I have fuel filters in the fuel lines also with the tank coated. I do not want to buy jets yet as the piston and cam will just change it all again.
I do have the cam installed now. It runs much better with the choke on so that tells me it def. needs more fuel. I just don't know where to start after I have all those mods installed.
As for another machine I have a 1972 Yamaha LT2 100 with only 900 some miles on I just got done bringing back to life, so I can putt around on that for awhile while this is being figured out.

There!
Maybe this will get your thread back in the active section.

..and welcome btw

Haha I appreciate it a lot and thank you for the welcome :TrikesOwn

tri again
08-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Recent threads mention backfire causes either too lean or
sucking airleak in the exhaust, but you'd think that would
be noisy and obvious.
Full open throttle?
I'll have to look at that chart I posted.

Wonder if it's accurate.

I'd bet everyone's out riding.
I'm off to mow 100 feet of creekbed so we have our halfpipe to ride in,
but I'll check back a little later and see how you're doing.
Wonder if the search key would be narrow enough to get you some answers?

I'm surely to be next.
I've got 2 110's that were bought at the same time that I need to go through.
.....and the one I've already got apart.
Fair warning however,
I went thru the rear bearings, brakes, carb, tank, recoil etc etc
started w/ 1/2 pull and idled like a sleeping baby but wouldn't start the next day.

hint: (bad gas cap vent)
messed me up for an extra day because I KNEW the tank was full
so I never took the cap off to check, which would've let air in so the gas could flow.

There.
Surely someone will at least post to make fun of me and get you some good advice.
I mean, there are folks on where with suspension framed 90-110's.