PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha fuel shut-off valve recall????

Beavis-Head
08-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Howdy Yall,

Does anyone happen to know any info about a Yamaha recall for fuel shut valves? I just bought another 84 225dx from the original owner, and he told the only thing it ever needed was the recall. Something about the gas valve could leak (while closed) and fill the intake with gas and cause a potential explosion. Just more curious because the fuel valve on the 84 is different than the one on my 85 225dr....

Thanx,
B-H

Vealmonkey
08-11-2011, 09:01 AM
I know that if you haven't got your recall repair for you fuel valve, then you are about 25 years too late! LOL Sorry, couldn't help it.

Swinger
08-11-2011, 09:21 AM
The valve was probably changed because of that issue in 84 so thats why they are different. Look at the one on the 85 and try to find one of those is all I can tell you. Good luck!!

tri again
08-11-2011, 10:50 AM
A few of my honda shut offs are not trustworthy either.
off may not be off so I usually take the fuel line off and make sure they shut OFF!

My last one would leak gas into the cylinder and dilute the engine oil overnight
essentially overfilling it.
That one needed to be set at about 15 degrees off of the actual off mark.

swampthang
08-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Whats the deal with the Yamaha fuel shut off valves the last 2 dx's I've had you can't turn the flipping lever on it without using a set of pliers. Is there any way of taking them apart and fixing this?