PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket radiator for Tri-Z?

Tri-Z Pilot
10-30-2003, 01:08 AM
I doubt that there ever was an aftermarket radiator set for the tri-z, but I was thinking, couldnt you use an aftermarket setup off of a yz 250 or a cr 250 etc. About the only problem I see would be mounting them, but I suppose you could make custom radiator braces. I was just wondering because I would like to get a higher capacity, higher flow radiator set for the tri-z to keep things a little cooler, plus make it stand out a little from the rest of them. Has this ever been attempted by somebody before?

Darius1502
10-30-2003, 01:52 AM
I don't know. There really does not appear to be much room for longer radiators.

From what I hear you should take out the thermostat. I just bought some in-line coolers for my Tri Z from NACS Racing. I am going to use 2 of them and I hear they do cool temp down as much as 5 to 10 degrees.

Darius

TimSr
10-30-2003, 10:34 AM
The TriZ cooling system works well when it works. The biggest problem is impeller failure and head gasket leaks. I was going to try the inline coolers, but so far, every time Ive overheated, it can be traced back to one of the other two causes.

TRI-Zbrian
10-30-2003, 09:20 PM
yeah every now and then i do soem trail riding and im not able to go so fast (do to golf carts in front of meLOL) so i am goign to use two in line coolers also they look trick also.
has any one used them that could tell us what u think about them.