PDA

View Full Version : 84 200s one way clutch (still slipping)

hafdeadx
08-08-2011, 05:14 PM
ok im back at it with my slipping problem. im now replaceing the one way (ow) clutch shoes, and the drum is grooved up pretty good. so heck ill replace it too. i get to lookin at it and the inner guts of the ow clutch lookis like a bearing of some sort.

my question is should i replace the bearing thing or try to dig out the old one and use it in the new drum, or just replace it all together and mind you it looks in good shape.

now i replaced the shifter return spring, the clutch pads and plates and now ow clutch shoes and drums. hope it works,

leevarnado
08-08-2011, 05:28 PM
that one-way bearing is pretty pricey.i have a set of new oem clutch shoes for $50 shipped.pm if interested

Flossyb20
08-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Have you made sure you had the clutch adjusted properly? There's a nut on the outside of the clutch case that allows you to do this...if you have it set too tight, it will cause the clutch to slip. On these models, when you push the gearshifter down, its like pulling the clutch lever in on a manual. That nut on the side is the adjustment for this

deon
08-14-2011, 05:02 PM
sorry but I need help getting the bolt off to replace my clutch. Help or where do I get the tool to remove that bolt.

leevarnado
08-14-2011, 07:20 PM
that clutch nut is left head threads,22mm i think and impact makes it a easy job