PDA

View Full Version : Can You???

TheGambler
10-29-2003, 06:56 PM
Hey im new here and i have a couple questins. i am new to 3 wheelers but i got to say i loves em. they are quite awesome .so anyways can you put a electric start on a 200m? or a kickstart? cause i hates the pull cord so i need options.

thefox
10-29-2003, 07:07 PM
If it is a 200m engine then it should already have a pull starter and electric starter. If it does not then you would be able to put a electric starter on but it depends on how much of the hardware is missing to determine the cost. Putting a kick start on would involve a lot of work and a different engine.

-Andrew

TheGambler
10-29-2003, 07:10 PM
it has a pull start.and would it cost me alot?

thefox
10-29-2003, 07:27 PM
The Honda 200m came with a electric starter but the engine is interchangable with other 200's and 185's. A prevous owner could have swaped engine and it depends on which of the electric starter parts he took off too. The starter motor would be infront of the cylinder, is it there?

-Andrew

TheGambler
10-29-2003, 07:31 PM
no its not. theres no starter motor i jus purchased this bike so the previous owner maybe have changed, it but i dont know. if i purchased a started motor and the other accisories would it work?

thefox
10-29-2003, 07:43 PM
Well, are you sure it is a 200m ;) ? The electric starter would need the 200m wiring harrness, neutral light, neutral switch, starter butten, battery, starter relay, regulator, key switch, starter motor, left side of engine with rotor and pull start ect. (or the whole engine). If you can go on www.bikebandit.com or www.partsfish.com and look at the parts microfic and see where they go. What is the engine # and frame #? Depending on what you need it could cost a lot of money.

-Andrew