PDA

View Full Version : tri-moto 125 oil injection removal

jacobsebeck
08-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Hello,
1st post but not a new member, I can normally find answers I need by searching.
Anyways I want to remove/block off the oil injection on my tri moto 125, but I am unsure what all has to come out of the case and be blocked off. Can I just block off to lines going into case and take the throttle cable out and block hole or do I need to remove pump too?
If someone could give me some input that would be awesome! Or point me in the direction of a post with info on doing this.

Also I'm looking for a manual for this trike too, if anyone knows where to download one.

Thanks

fabiodriven
08-03-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm sorry, I don't have any info on how to remove your oil pump. I was curious, however, why it is you want to remove it? I hear of a lot of guys taking the pumps off because "they just don't trust em" or whatever, yet I never hear of them failing. It's a pretty reliable system.

jacobsebeck
08-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Yep thats why I want to premix lol "i just dont trust em" :) The trike is hard enough to find info on and even harder to find cheap parts so to me premixing seems like a reasonable safegaurd "just in case".

jacobsebeck
08-03-2011, 08:40 PM
By the way nice jim lahey avatar, that awesome! haha

fabiodriven
08-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Thank you, but personally I think it's kinda silly to remove the pump for that reason. I personally have never heard of one failing. Good luck to you though.

Chazz of Blades
08-03-2011, 10:07 PM
Fabio, the oil injection system failed on my 125 the other day, luckily I was riding in the yard when it stopped pumping, I know of a 175 that apparently stopped pumping and shot the top end as well.

It may have been reliable when it was new, but it's proven that they wear out.

I'd like to know how to block it off as well. I'd rather premix.

MonroeMike
08-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Also I'm looking for a manual for this trike too, if anyone knows where to download one.

Not the whole manual, but it's a start.
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?126386-YT125-175-Service-Data

Six Stroke
08-04-2011, 02:37 AM
Here's what I did:

Removed oil tank.
Plugged the oil line going to the carb.
Either removed or plugged the lines from the tank to the pump.
Initially, I just unhooked the cable from the pump, but left it where it was. Later, the cable started to stick, so I took it off at the junction. The pump itself is still on the trike, but I took the drive gear off when I replaced the crank seal. For simpler purposes, though, you can just leave the pump where it is.

adam38654
08-04-2011, 04:21 AM
I had an 87 or 91 KE100 street n trail that I got for $100 bucks that ran great for 15 minutes until the oilier must have stopped and seized the motor and I had to put a brand new top end on i. It was pretty peppy on straight gas come to think of it. Now I never trusted them again. But I'm sure they last the fist 20 years or so fine. Besides some of those oilers on scooters and things run like 50:1 and I prefer somewhere around 30:1.

jacobsebeck
08-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the respones.
Monroemike thanks for the service manual looks like the important info is there.
Sixstroke. sounds good. now I won't have to worry about it failing. :)