PDA

View Full Version : fumes

jordan_muirhead
07-29-2011, 02:44 PM
I was just wondering if its normal to smell strongly of gas after riding your trike, I always smell like gas fumes, not sure if this is normal or what would cause it

rdlsz24
07-29-2011, 02:45 PM
If your gas tank is leaking like you said in that other thread, then yeah I could see it lol

Rob

jordan_muirhead
07-29-2011, 02:47 PM
well, its always done that lol, the leakage just started recently, but it always leaves me smelling like gas, dont know why, it doesnt smoke or anything, and it bogs for a second at WOT

tri again
07-29-2011, 05:52 PM
last review was, check your shut off valve and make sure your carb float overflow is not leaking
and then try to find your elusive tank leaks. Usually teeny tiny paint bubbles around the bottom seams and low spots in the tank.

They CAN drip onto the sparkplug you know so we can't condone your riding it this way.

Sometimes gas caps will splash leak past the cap gasket or oring and the vent from the cap can get stooopid too.

Didja see the thread I posted about helmets?

jordan_muirhead
07-29-2011, 06:36 PM
yea I seen it and replied lol, cap is fine, which the ths carb overflow? I aint able to get it to start at the moment, pullstart or push, its been soin it all day, strted amd idled, then just died amd hasnt strted since