PDA

View Full Version : yt125 problem

YamahaRampage
07-28-2011, 02:57 PM
Hey guys just decided to try and get my tri moto 125 started last week and it looks like I dug myself a hole. The first problem was it was stuck wide open (which I didn't know) so I cleaned the carb and re adjusted the needle which fixed that probem changed the oil and got her started ran her around for about a half hour and put her away. Took her out today and after the first five minutes oil started leaking out of the engine and now it won't idle.

My questions are, is the leak from I'm guessing seals? Its spews right out of the top of the engine under the carb and I messed with the idle and it didn't help at all.

Any help on these 1982 yt 125k tri moto problems?

Any help is highly appreciated ;)

Vealmonkey
07-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Right out of the top of the engine where? Where the cylinder meets the engine case? That's the lower cylinder gasket. Right where the 2 halves of the engine meet together? I don't think there's even a gasket there. Seals are generally where the oil sits. Both ends of your crankshaft and the gearshift lever should be where your seals are. Anywhere else is either gaskets or where metal to metal is bolted together.

Six Stroke
07-28-2011, 04:40 PM
It almost sounds like you forgot to hook up an oil injector line, or the line broke/fell off. Check all the little rubber hoses going from the tank to the pump, and from the pump to the carb.

YamahaRampage
07-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Here is the picture, I checked all the hoses there all on. It comes out of the hole behind the two tubes there

Six Stroke
07-28-2011, 05:10 PM
Ah. Yes. That's the transmission breather. There's a little plastic elbow fitting that goes in the hole, and the vent tube runs from the fitting to the back of the engine. Check out part #12 and #13: http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1982-yamaha-yt125j/o/m8780#sch221129

YamahaRampage
07-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Ah. Yes. That's the transmission breather. There's a little plastic elbow fitting that goes in the hole, and the vent tube runs from the fitting to the back of the engine. Check out part #12 and #13: http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorcycles/1982-yamaha-yt125j/o/m8780#sch221129

Thanks dude, since you live in mn, do you know if you can buy them somewhere here?
I'm guessing prob not cuz of the late model...but I'm trying to get this running good for this weekend
Or if I can get a plastic elbow fitting and some tube to vent it?

YamahaRampage
07-29-2011, 01:10 AM
Hey if anyone knows how to rig something up for the transmission breather so I can take it to my cabin this weekend?
I just need something to hold up for a hour or so, the parts I ordered will be here in 3 days so I just need some ideas of what might work for a temperary amount of time

Six Stroke
07-29-2011, 01:11 AM
I usually get my parts from either Bike Bandit or a Yamaha dealer...though $16 is pretty steep for a little plastic elbow.

YamahaRampage
07-29-2011, 10:49 AM
I usually get my parts from either Bike Bandit or a Yamaha dealer...though $16 is pretty steep for a little plastic elbow.

Ill call around bt I'm sure no one has any in stock..its also 11 something for a 5inch tube lolol.

If anyone lives in mn and has a yt 125 there parting out or has parts message me, I will pay a lot and cash is in hand!

Six Stroke
07-30-2011, 01:51 AM
Where about are you at? There's this thing in Lake Park: http://fargo.craigslist.org/rvs/2506544350.html