PDA

View Full Version : Dad's Yama trike Upstate NY needs help.

tri again
07-27-2011, 04:05 PM
It's one of the few things he can actually do and enjoy at his age.
(80+ y/o)

He said the gas tank is good, pull start is working again but his tires are
sun rotted.
He thinks it's a 225 (stickers fell off)
but not sure of tire sizes or where to get new(er) ones.

He's in Lake George, which is more of a resort area so not real sure where to
start to get him going again.
He said there are tons of logging roads to ride btw.

Thanks

atc007
07-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Damn,wish I was closer.. love to help,. Tires will certainly be 22-11-8. Tell him it IS electric start!! Put a battery in it,and stop yanking that rope!. If nothing else,,,send him to Wal Mart,they will have tires and mount them as cheap as anyone.. Good luck!

just ben
07-27-2011, 08:06 PM
all the walmarts by me stopped stocking them and when they did they only carried trailpros lol. he may have to make the hour trip into albany. there is nothing up by him but minature golf and motels

tri again
07-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Damn,wish I was closer.. love to help,. Tires will certainly be 22-11-8. Tell him it IS electric start!! Put a battery in it,and stop yanking that rope!. If nothing else,,,send him to Wal Mart,they will have tires and mount them as cheap as anyone.. Good luck!

Will do. Thanks for the tips and good thoughts.
He'd surely offer the same to you.
Is nepa, northeast PA? 'cause he goes to Milford area quite frequently.

tri again
07-28-2011, 08:28 AM
all the walmarts by me stopped stocking them and when they did they only carried trailpros lol. he may have to make the hour trip into albany. there is nothing up by him but minature golf and motels

Welp?
He's not afraid to drive and does the winter commute to Florida every year so I'll tell him
about the Albany idea.

I wonder what craigslist is closest to Lake George?
He also seems to go fishing in Champlain occasionally.

aldochina
07-28-2011, 09:49 AM
the glens falls craigslist is very close to lake george. If he has a mailing address, why dont you just get him some tires on line, and have them shipped to him. then he just has to find a place to swap them over! I am in lake george a few times a summer, but its usually spur of the moment. I'll try and keep an eye out for some used tires close by. where exactly does he stay? lake george is a huge lake!! my brother has a seasonal camp off exit 20. which is pretty much the village of lake george. i was just there 2 weeks ago camping at hearstone state campground.

tri again
07-28-2011, 05:57 PM
the glens falls craigslist is very close to lake george. If he has a mailing address, why dont you just get him some tires on line, and have them shipped to him. then he just has to find a place to swap them over! I am in lake george a few times a summer, but its usually spur of the moment. I'll try and keep an eye out for some used tires close by. where exactly does he stay? lake george is a huge lake!! my brother has a seasonal camp off exit 20. which is pretty much the village of lake george. i was just there 2 weeks ago camping at hearstone state campground.

He bought an old sawmill in Hague? and made it into a camp and he stays there all summer.
Loves the trike and says there are tons of places to ride.
He'll also take any excuse to get the boat out.
I should get you his #.

Not sure of the protocol of posting phone numbers on here but I guess we'll
find out.
If I could get the exact size, I could prob send some tires from my collection.
But honestly, when I put 2 tires with the exact same numbers on them,
next to each other, they never look the same.
I mean they look off by full inches.
I have a pallet full stacked about 5 feet high but would rather
just have some new ones appear on his front porch, like you say.
Thanks btw

aldochina
07-28-2011, 09:22 PM
i just seen a set of new trail pros on yamaha rims for 60.00 bucks on the albany craigs!! not sure if they are 8 or 9" though.

YamahaRampage
07-29-2011, 10:31 AM
Id say buy them online on ebay prob for the best deal

tri again
07-29-2011, 06:11 PM
so...?
What's the deal on tires with identical numbers looking vastly different?

I know some get overpressureized and can balloon out a look a little differnt
but I've got a few here with identical numbers that
are simply not the same at all.

Might have to get the correct size AND manufacturer?
or seller swears they will fit a yama 225?
I just don't like
a) doing things wrong
or
b) twice

thanks

PS
Just talked to dad and his camp is new hague rd about 5 min from rogers rock campground.

He said they simply go out the driveway and either up or down the road a few hundred yards and then off to
the logging roads.
He also told me to give his number to anyone interested in riding, camping or fishing.

518 585 three zero six 2