PDA

View Full Version : 82 250r wont start by kicking it over but can push start it ?

yamaha driver
07-26-2011, 02:00 PM
well i got this 250r and the carb was pretty bad i cleaned it and blew it out with air but it just wont start by kicking it. i full choke half choke or no choke it wont start but if you push it and full choke it will start like in 10 feet? anyone have any suggestions.

just ben
07-26-2011, 02:26 PM
stator,spark plug, low compression, air leak between cylinder and carb. could be alot of things or a combination. last time I had that problem it was the stator. how does it run especially on idle or low end?

yamaha driver
07-26-2011, 02:45 PM
low end has great power idles nice top end it screams. bought new sparkplug . didnt have compression tester but put finger on sparkplug hole and it sucked it in hard and blew it out. :) kinda hurt a little i have a 300r and its got less compression than that but thats normal lol. the boot going from carb to motor looks sunbeat and its hard wondering if its got hairline cracks cause sometimes it idles and some times not

just ben
07-26-2011, 02:52 PM
while running spray around the carb boot with carb cleaner if it stalls it has a leak. I have also seen bad coil wires or plug boots cause this

yamaha driver
07-26-2011, 02:55 PM
ok ill try the carb cleaner one im thinking its cracked cause it has thousands i mean thousands of small cracks on the outside lol just noticed that so im guessing thats it. Were would i find a new one of these with out cuttin my arm off and selling it:( or is there a way to fix it