PDA

View Full Version : 185s cdi

Nubbinz
07-24-2011, 07:24 PM
so i mounted the engine on my 185s hooked up the carb and exhaust. Now i just have to wire it up and put on the sprockets and chain. so mainly what i would like to know for now is , from what i understand theres a washer that goes between the bolt that holds the cdi in and the cdi itself ... ive lost the washer. will any old washer work? if not i can order one from the dealer but id like it running asap... been riding quads for too long ;(
also if i researched i could find out how the golden colored ring goes on the cdi but if possible i would love to see a pic of it put on. thanks

tri again
07-26-2011, 06:53 AM
hmmm, no replies?
All I remember is the cdi box is held onto the frame by a silly rubber
square thing that rips.
I'll go for a walk with my camera tomorrow and see if I can get a picture of one for you.

Have you looked at the manuals?
They are in the 'world class help' section and will actually open
with adobe acrobat version 4, which is an older SMALL program that works.

muthey
07-26-2011, 08:40 AM
well first off what you are talking about is not the cdi, it is the pulse generator behind a cover that has cdi stamped on it don't ask me what honda was thinking any ways the washer is a bronze washer and if I get a chance today I will take a pic of the advancer plate for you, but you also need to make sure you have the contacts in there in the right order, or you will have spark just at the wrong time and will need to go back in and flip it around

Nubbinz
07-26-2011, 01:29 PM
thanks for the help, ive downloaded those manuals onto my HD so i can use them any time, i dont think i need a pic any more sorry if anyone has pulled your cdi cover off to take one. i ordered the washer and a bunch of other stuff from my local honda dealer, my trikes all ready to go minus the cdi and my gas tank needs a new jb weld... soon as my parts come in on thursday ill ride a trike again for my first time in like 6 months... kind of torn between if i should sell it and buy another trike or run it till it blows... i was told it was low usage but now that ive had some hands on XP with this stuff i can tell from the worn off paint near the shifter thats probably a lie, although the internals were mint, the rocker arm paint wasnt even worn off... if a 250es comes up for 800 around here ill grab it otherwise ill hang onto my trike i guess