PDA

View Full Version : Rear Wheel And Tire Questions For 250SX & 350X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TennesseeATC
07-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Hello and thanks for looking at my question. First let me say that Im new to the site and look forward to learning alot from all of you. Second, I did look through some past post to see if my question was already covered. I didnt see any but if I missed it please forgive me. NOW, my question. I have a 85 250SX and a 86 350X and my question is for both bikes. Can I use newer size wheels and tires on my ATC's (like 12" diameter wheels)??? I know I will need to pay attention to overall tire height and also bolt pattern and offset of the wheels. Beyond that are is there anything else Im not aware of?? I am wanting to do this to get a little bit of a different look but also to have sooo many more tire choices. I am thinking about going with tires that are 24x12-12 or 25x12-12. I am under the impression that the early 3 wheelers had the big fat tires to help cushion the ride since there was no suspension. But since both ATC's have front and rear shocks Im thinking I can do this. Can I go with a tire that is squared off instead of the traditional "ballooned" rounded shape? If so will this help or hurt the ATC's handeling? Also, what is to be expected if I use agressive tread tires? How about directional tires? Has anyone ever done this? If so how did it go? Any and all of your ideas and knowledgeable is greatly appreciated. Thank You!!!

Bustos82
07-23-2011, 01:30 PM
i dont think there be a problem with those size of wheels.

twitch101
07-23-2011, 01:37 PM
as long as the pattern is 4/110 itll work on the 350x

PerryS
07-23-2011, 03:25 PM
24s or 25s will rub the fenders on a 250sx im not sure on the 350sx

sittinguy
07-24-2011, 12:02 AM
Sure, I used to have 10x10 rims on my X, with viper tires. It looked great. But the bigger rim and tire added weight.

dougspcs
07-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Sounds like you got some mudbogging in mind..

Yeah those tires will fit both..but on the 250sx expect rubbing for sure. I put a couple of 22x11x8 on the rear of mine and since all tires aren't created equal..they are way bigger than the 22x11x8s I took off. They rub the exhaust, but they sure do go places..I like them.

Now the 350x .. mess around too much and you will almost surely cause fender rub. The 350x has way more suspension travel than the other trike on those heavy landings you will feel those tires hit.

I personally went lower profile on mine..down from the stock 22x11x8 to 20x10x9 and I love the torque on accel. You will lose alot of that with a big tire, also I don't even want to predict how it will handle with 25s or 24..

Don't do it, it just ain't right!!..sounds like you need a Big Red son!!