PDA

View Full Version : any body know what this caliper is originally off of?

yooperman
07-20-2011, 07:23 AM
this caliper was on my T3 had a new one lined up but it went south, so i am going to just throw a set of new pads on this caliper but i have no idea what it is originally off of. i have searched high and low all over the net, i couldnt even find anything with the numbers that are on the old pads. help me out fella's i dont feel like riding the dunes with just front brakes lol, here are some pictures of it.

Kfx-xc-racer88
07-20-2011, 08:50 AM
probably off a kawasaki, not sure what though!

just ben
07-20-2011, 08:59 AM
rear off a zx6-d 90-91 ish. if I look around I may have a good set of pads around but pretty sure I got rid of everything for that bike

yooperman
07-20-2011, 06:32 PM
You fellas are life savers that's what it was and the place actually had the pads woot woot thanks again guyss

just ben
07-20-2011, 10:31 PM
glad to help. how well does it fit? i assume the mount on the caliper was modified but how well does the arc of the pads fit to the rotor? a dual piston caliper would be a nice upgrade to my ride

yooperman
07-21-2011, 12:34 AM
for the most part its a good fit about the only tight spot is the mounting bracket to the brake disk there isnt hardly any space between it, that is the mounting brack thats on it anyways. and with mine anyways i cant speak for any other ones because i am not to sure on if it the calipers original mounting bracket or not., but with the set up on mine you can let the pads get to thin because i can see with the old pads and the bracket the bracket started rubbing once the pads got really low on it. But it is minor as long as you keep up with maintenaceshouldnt.