PDA

View Full Version : 84 Honda atc 200s carb diagram breakdown needed!!!

dietzenjr
07-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Please, I need help! I think i may a screwed up the smallest jet by cleaning it. Does this jet (the smaller one have a hole through it? I drilled it out thinking it was clogged. Also there is a plastic cap on top of the longer jet. I didn't have it on when i did get it to run. What does that piece do? I think i might be missing pieces. I did have it running, then i super cleaned the carb and think now maby no spark? Plug is wet after a few pulls. Any help would be awsome

Dave:wondering

tri again
07-17-2011, 06:24 PM
try bikebandit.com for exploded diagrams.

That yellowish 'cap' thingie is a splash guard, I think.
Never sits straight and falls off or jams the float if it's not in the perfect
odd looking position.

Is it really necessary?
idk, is it worth the 15 min to put it in?

I've cleared jets with guitar strings,
like the slow jet on a 185, .008" 'e' string only to find out a year later that a .010" should fit.

Some serious calcium deposits get in there and yes,
it can be like drilling them.

so....?
now either no spark or waaay too rich/wet plug?
Switch on? (we've ALL done that)

Carb overflowing perhaps?

Unscrew the spark plug cap and hold the wire to the case and see if you have spark.

dietzenjr
07-17-2011, 06:30 PM
I put it back in and now it dosnt run at all. Its cleaner than its ever been also....I dont know what went wrong...How many turns on the idel screw from closed

dietzenjr
07-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Are ther problems with these trikes as far as electrical issues? It feels like the kill switch is a little funny.

tri again
07-17-2011, 06:39 PM
I put it back in and now it dosnt run at all. Its cleaner than its ever been also....I dont know what went wrong...How many turns on the idel screw from closed

idle screw is just where you want it. so you don't have to hold the throttle.
The vertical 'air' screw wants like 1-2 turns out.

tri again
07-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Are ther problems with these trikes as far as electrical issues? It feels like the kill switch is a little funny.

you can simply unplug the kill switch I think.
On some models, the cdi gets it's ground from there for it to RUN as well as kill it.

general electrical?
all connections especially frame grounds, and where the coil mounts to the frame needs to be clean.

did you get spark from the plug wire?

3ww has free manuals in the
'world class help' section.

just make sure you tell us what you found.