PDA

View Full Version : New '82 200

ZackW
07-16-2011, 12:22 AM
Well, I just bought my 200s last week, and really wanted another one for my fiancee to ride along with me. Had found a few on craigslist I was interested in, but the sellers were pretty much flakes that would never respond. Saw one go up tonight at 9pm for a 200 and a yamaha 225dx, called the guy within 20 minutes and went to look at them.

Ended up coming home with the 200, even though the yamaha looked nice, but it was pink.. :( Everything on this 200 is in good shape aside from the seat and headlight. Plastic is all original (does have a plastic Clarke replacement gas tank) and he just put new tires all around. It even had the original toolkit and owner's manual in the completely there trunk (even still had the rubber latch).

Came home with it for $475, was that a decent deal?

Xpress
07-16-2011, 02:08 AM
If it runs and drives great, then I'd say it's a good find for $475.

tri again
07-16-2011, 02:45 AM
Bonding rides are priceless.
2 trikes are the best. You can't go wrong plus the 185/200 models
require very little special treatment.
Plus the parts should all swap back and forth in the unlikely event that you need
known working parts to diagnose something.

Just change the oil with the right stuff and if you don';t really feel like getting dirty,
just pour it out thru the fill hole and clean the screens every other time.

The cover that says 'cdi' usually has some superfine rust dust under there so
that always nice to blow out. Make sure your electrical connections are clean and tight,
frame grounds etc.

You DO know there are manuals for free under the
'world class help' section?

Be careful, have fun and practice riding before you get into unknown trails.
Know what your brakes can do for you, make sure you know where neutral is since I think they will start in gear..
those kinda things.

It's also a pretty strong reflex to put one's foot on the ground
but remember there's a back wheel right there

Most states have or require an offroad safety class.

Oregon has one for free called
www.rideatvoregon.org and they'll even send you a genuine plastic license card in the mail for free.

and is actually fun to go thru together.

..and lastly, you may want to hide and or cover them.
They are like duck decoys and tend to multiply.