PDA

View Full Version : Bad luck weekend :(

mohadib
07-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Howdy
4 buddies and myself went riding this weekend. 1 is a very good rider, 1 is pretty good but dangerous, other 2 are newbs. We have about 2 unexpected hours of patching bikes up on the trail head. But then everyones stuff is running pretty good. So off we go. After a while we ditch the newbs at a lake to fish while we go for some fast riding.

the very good rider was on a yz250. Tried to follow the trike but found a stump instead while pinned in 4th gear. I didnt see it as I was out front, but buddy flew about 20 feet and landed on his back. We were all in full gear. He got 3 bruised ribs and a sprain spine Im told. But he was ok after a few minutes, rode the bike back to the truck.

Then shortly after, the rider that is ok but dangerous eats it on a yz250 as well. He got life flighted out of Rainbow Falls. He got away with just a fractured hip. He couldnt see at first. But I guess he is ok now.

So yeah, hard day at the trails yesterday. but thanks to gear and luck everyone will ride again. What did we learn?

A. ALWAYS wear your gear
B. Never try to keep up with an ATC250r on wide trails :twisted:

tulsamike3434
07-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Glad everyone is ok!

Jason125m
07-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Good thing you guys were wearing gear, wouldn't want to know how it would of turned out if you were not wearing the gear.

Glad you and your friends are okay.

Jason

HuffieVA
07-10-2011, 04:32 PM
I 2'nd the gear wearing, and I'm glad your buddies made it out with heal able injuries, and I hope they heal with minimal after effects, but I wouldn't go as far as saying a good rider on a good bike cant smoke a 250r...

dougspcs
07-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Smarts wins over personal freedoms again..it was a good luck weekend I say!!

Much better to sit with your buddy's bruised up ass drinking a beer talking about that wicked spill, than standing over a buddy and drinking to his memory afterwards..

Only a dumbazz would think otherwise!! Unfortunately some in here don't agree!!

mohadib
07-10-2011, 04:47 PM
HuffieVA just kidding around. This is about the only trail where I can go faster than my buddy who hurt his ribs. Usually he can go a little faster than me because he can actually pick his lines :s

hillbilly 200x
07-10-2011, 07:03 PM
QUOTE]Bad luck weekend :(

Howdy
4 buddies and myself went riding this weekend. 1 is a very good rider, 1 is pretty good but dangerous, other 2 are newbs. We have about 2 unexpected hours of patching bikes up on the trail head. But then everyones stuff is running pretty good. So off we go. After a while we ditch the newbs at a lake to fish while we go for some fast riding.

the very good rider was on a yz250. Tried to follow the trike but found a stump instead while pinned in 4th gear. I didnt see it as I was out front, but buddy flew about 20 feet and landed on his back. We were all in full gear. He got 3 bruised ribs and a sprain spine Im told. But he was ok after a few minutes, rode the bike back to the truck.

Then shortly after, the rider that is ok but dangerous eats it on a yz250 as well. He got life flighted out of Rainbow Falls. He got away with just a fractured hip. He couldnt see at first. But I guess he is ok now.

So yeah, hard day at the trails yesterday. but thanks to gear and luck everyone will ride again. What did we learn?

A. ALWAYS wear your gear
B. Never try to keep up with an ATC250r on wide trails [/QUOTE] I think we are both in the same boat this weekend I hit a 12'' maple tree in 4th gear:( I am ok and the bike fines oh and I was in full gear. 127626127627[