PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about selling my 1987 Honda 200X

IronBear
07-10-2011, 07:16 AM
Hello folks,

I'm looking to purchase another Can Am Outlander 800 so one of the trikes has to go! I know the 87 200X is rare and could probably get good money for it, but I'm not really sure what it's worth. It is definitley a number 8 out of 10 condition and is not beat by any means. It does need little things like fork boots (which I have new in the package), a new kick starter because it swings out by itself and the rear fender has a very small crack near the edge that could be fixed easily, but other than that, it runs and rides great. It has a new air filter and rebuilt carburetor.

Basically, I just need some ideas as for a price. I also have an 87 Honda 250SX that I may sell too, but not sure yet.

Thanks guys!
Pete

whitecord
07-10-2011, 08:34 AM
there was one on craigslist down here not long ago for 1k not sure on the condition but it looked pretty nice in the pictures

dougspcs
07-10-2011, 08:34 AM
I can give an idea about starting price you should ask for Ontario, as can alot of other members about the areas they live in. Maybe start in the $1800-$2000, but across the bridge in Port Huron, Michigan maybe $1000-$1500

But I wouldn't suggest that would do you much good.

Your area may command a much higher price and therefore you might just give away money by pricing too low..

I just bought a '85 250es in Michigan for $1000 because it's just a trip across the bridge to Port Huron for me, but in the Toronto, Ontario area one in this condition would easily be $1500, maybe even close to $2000 to the right buyer..

Though it will be difficult because there aren't alot of other 87 200x in your area, try to research your local CL or whatever other tool is used to sell things.

IronBear
07-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Thanks guys! I'm only three hours from the Canadian boarder and I know these machines are very tough to come by in New Hampshire.

I had this one shipped from down south and it took me a good year or so to find this one. My plans are to just keep the Tecate and maybe the 250SX. The type of riding that I do is very rough terrain so that's why I'm selling this one. Figured I'd keep the Tecate for ice racing in the winter and the 250SX to just put around on..lol

Anyway, I'm starting out with $2350.00 and wouldn't take less than $2050.00 for it. It's a very clean machine.

200x350xtriz250
07-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Wow!! Is that the one you bought from me? What all have you done with it? Member petesatc posted a want ad in the classified section a few days ago looking for one of these - try him.

petesatc
07-10-2011, 12:41 PM
i'm interested, can you send me some pics????