PDA

View Full Version : Best upgrade ever

Tri-Z Pilot
10-27-2003, 03:25 AM
visit www.thunderproducts.com/dial_a_jet_techpaper.htm this has to be the best product ever.

J.D.
10-27-2003, 01:13 PM
Have you installed this on your Tri-Z? How hard is it to install? What kind of a difference does it make? Are any mods required to make it work?

Aaron2003
10-27-2003, 05:29 PM
yes, do tell, and how much??

Tri-Z Pilot
10-28-2003, 12:41 AM
I have a couple of friends that have tried it on there bikes (cr500, 250r) the dial a jet takes less than an hour to install. You drill a hole on your carbeurator where the air boot hooks on (or the airboot itself coming from the airbox). The dial a jet is very small abou 1inch by 1 inch, and it has a little nozzle coming out of it, which you put into the hole you drilled, then you zip tie it fast. The dial a jet gets its fuel feed form a tube that is attached to the bottom of your float bowl where the drain plug would normally be. What you do is run your carb a little bit leaner so that the dial a jet can fill in the space it needs to. The fuel charge is emulsified at like 10 times faster than your regular jets can do so you have major league throttle response. Another benefit is that your engine will always run at optimum performance, this is because the engines acoustic waves and vacuum tell the dial a jet if it needs fuel or not, thus increasing combustion efficiency, fuel mileage, an a 5% to 10% horsepower increase. The dial a jet compensates for altitude, temperature changes, exhaust and intake mods, but if you go to a drastic change in climate or temp, you can turn a five position dial manually to lean or richen your fuel curve. All in all it means you never have to change jets again, and always be running at optimum peformance, piston meltdowns and seizures will never happen again, and since your engine is getting the correct amount of fuel, your top end, crankshaft, and sparkplugs will last a hell of a lot longer. On a last note the dial a jet comes with down to the very last detail of installing your dial a jet system, they also have a 1-800 techline if you need any technical assistance, dial a jets are model specific.

J.D.
10-28-2003, 12:47 AM
Is it really that good? Maybe I'll look into buying one, 70 bucks isn't bad if it does what it claims. Did you but the 10 dollar snorkel kit like they recommend? How hard was the actual installation?

And if you said this goes into the air intake boot, I couldn't run a K&N off the carb and make this will work could I?

Tri-Z Pilot
10-28-2003, 12:56 AM
I would buy the snorkel if you ride in dusty conditions. If you dont buy the snorkel the worst that can happen is your air intake ports on your dial a jet will get clogged, thus making your bike run rich. The only thing you need to install it is a certain size drill bit, which I think is supplied with the kit. And as far as I heard everyone that owns one has not regretted it. On a further note, one one of the first people to ever use a dial a jet system on their snowmobile was so impressed by the performance the dial a jet gives he bought the entire dial a jet division and now owns the trademark for dial a jet.

86250RZ
10-28-2003, 04:04 PM
I've got one on mine and I highly recomend it.

J.D.
10-29-2003, 12:04 AM
Where is that gas line for it coming from? And judging by your pic, I would be able to use a clamp on filter with it wouldn't I?

Tri-Z Pilot
10-29-2003, 01:20 AM
tThe fuel line hooks into the bottom of the float bowl where the main jet access bolt used to be. The new bolt is the same as the old one except it has a fuel line running from it to the dial a jet.

TRI-Zbrian
10-29-2003, 01:44 AM
looks like i know what im buying for my new tri z. for the 38 mm carb that i have on it.

Tri-Z Pilot
10-29-2003, 02:04 AM
Yeah, I think my tri-z and blaster are going to have one soon.

TRI-Zbrian
10-29-2003, 02:09 AM
did u guys notice a night and day difference in the way your engine ran after u installed the dial a jet or was it just a little bit better.

Tri-Z Pilot
10-29-2003, 02:47 AM
From what I hear you dont really notice the power too much (unless your bike was jetted very poorly before), but I guess the throttle respone is outta this world.