PDA

View Full Version : Rollers in the flywheel

pcollins
07-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Just found that I am missing one of the rollers in my flywheel, the one that is held in by the spring. Any chance it will function without one? I'd really like to get this running today but, I suppose I can make one at work tomorrow if I have to wait.

rugman316
07-04-2011, 06:19 PM
It probably would run but I don't think its a good idea it could just create more problems. You need to change your one way clutch the rollers want to fall out when they get wore out. I think you can still get them new from honda not cheap though. I would just fix it right while you have the cover off.

pcollins
07-04-2011, 08:22 PM
This isn't on the clutch side, I didn't remove that. There are rollers in the flywheel. I'll just have to make one. Its all thats holding me back from having this thing together today. I was putting the engine into the frame and the stupid FUC$^!%# flywheel fell out and hit the wood and one went flying. Dammit

rugman316
07-05-2011, 06:43 PM
There is a one way clutch bolted on the back of the flywheel thats what the roller fell out of thats what I meant to say. They call it a starter clutch on the diagram. Part number 6 on this diagram.
http://www.mrcycles.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=117169&category=ATVs&make=HONDA&year=1984&fveh=2798