PDA

View Full Version : tri z from h3!! newbie needs help

teampo900
06-30-2011, 01:12 AM
Hi guys this is my firts post, been doin alot of searchin on this site but can't seem to get my problem solved! Just bought an 85 tri z 250 bike would run strong, then very randomly would fumble and choke and sound like it was loadin up, then it would pull though and run strong! Soo I cleaned the ENTIRE fuel system, washed tank,replaced lines, cleaned lots of junk out of the carb and the petcocks, rebuilt fuel pump, new air filter, new plug, set carb to factory specs, checked reeds all petals were seated nicely and looked fine,mixed fresh 93oct at 32:1 with yamalube 2r then the bike started and idled great but has no power at all,just smokes and has a very dull exhaust tone. Plug is very wet and kinda oily. Went through 4 smaller main jets (470-430) and tried all needle clip positions and it made no diference, I suspected right side crank seal to be leaking oil into my crank case... changed the seal and still no change although the plug is still wet it looks less oily! I can't figure out why this thing is running so badly! Compression is 150 psi. Checked timing.... and the flywheel marks don't line up with the stator mark at tdc, like my manual shows but... if I adjust the stator in eaither direction the bike runs way worse!!! This is drivin me nuts. Any help would be AWESOME!

Six Stroke
06-30-2011, 03:53 AM
Hrm...your exhaust could be plugged. I had a similar problem in the past with two different dirt bikes. A mouse nest was in the expansion chamber of one and carbon buildup in the silencer of the other. Something to check, anyway.

Bryan Raffa
06-30-2011, 07:53 AM
stuck ring,, bad stator,,float adjusted wrong,, does it piss gas at a idle? did you check for play in the crank when you changed the seal? check the orange wire comeing out of the coil.. they crack and arc out,,, does it only do it when its hot? put the stator on the middle mark,, was there water or moisture under the cover? ,,, Raffa