PDA

View Full Version : !982 Yamaha 125 YT/ $30 gamble from a guy @ work

Kujoe
06-25-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi.....so I recently got a 125 Yamaha YT from a guy for $30 and I cleaned the carb about 3 or 4 times and my son has ridden it around the yard a little until the chain came off due to the front sprocket being in poor shape. Fixed the sprocket and tried tweaking on the jets while running as it falls on it's face after about half throttle as if running out of gas. The vacuum?/ vent?/ oil supply? lines coming off the carb are ALL missing and I want to relace them but have no idea where they come from or where they go to. Also, what is the oil level supposed to be in the crankcase? I have scoured the web for a routing diagram for hoses to no avail....any edumacated fellers out there got any ideas? Any help/diagrams would be sincerely appreciated as we want to ride this weekend...Thanks

Lord Letto 20
06-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Welcome to 3WW, Got any Pics of this Score?

the great gazoo
06-25-2011, 05:12 PM
There's diagrams/service manuals on here, you gotta search for 'em, unless monroe mike pops in & links 'em up.
I just looked up the '83 Yamaha yt175 manual 2 or 3 days ago.

Thorpe
06-25-2011, 05:19 PM
http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?56218-Get-your-trike-service-manuals-here!-Updated-9-13-07

Kujoe
06-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Thanks Still trying to get pic to work...stand by !

bobotech
06-25-2011, 11:18 PM
As far as I know, the only lines that you HAVE to have hooked up are the fuel line and the oil injector line. If you don't have the oil injector line hooked up to the oil pump outlet, then you will have a vacuum leak there. The other lines are just vent lines that go to the bottom of the trike but should not affect how it runs. Is the choke/starter assembly in good shape and working well? I imagine that if the choke/starter plunger is in the pulled out position, then that would cause running issues.

Take the carb completely apart and blow out ALL the passages and make sure the jets are completely clear.

Kujoe
06-26-2011, 06:29 AM
Thanks guys...the choke/starter works ok. I just put the carb back together after 2 days in chem-dip (Berryman's) and it started and after warm up it would wind up at wide open throttle like it's supposed to for about ten minutes and then for no apparent reason it started falling on it's face again from half throttle to wide open.

bobotech
06-26-2011, 10:39 AM
Did you remove all the jets and needles? And did you make sure to remove everything that was rubber from the carb? You can't just dunk a carb in Berryman's without stripping it to its core. And then its extremely important to make sure that you blow all the passages out with an air compressor, not a can of compressed air- they aren't really powerful enough.

Kujoe
06-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Yeah, but I missed one. Cleaned it again after and was lookin at diagram... shows two washers on a jet where there aren't any. also shows no o-ring where there is one. Oh, my aching head! Bobotech, can you be more specific on oil pump/inj line?Guess I'll order some parts......sigh... Thanks guys, don't give up cause I won't.