PDA

View Full Version : Help 85 & 86 250r guru's

davham
10-26-2003, 11:18 AM
I need to know the differences between the 85 and 86 model. I know the headlight plastic and seat cover but what about things like frame, swingarm, forks, shock? Or will everything pretty much interchange? Thanks

atc86r
10-26-2003, 12:18 PM
I believe the front forks are smaller diameter. The swingarm, bearing carrier and rear brake bracket are different. probably axle also. Carb is different style same size.

SoCalDesertRider
10-26-2003, 10:49 PM
So far as I know..... Rear axle & bearing carrier (one has tapered bearings, the other dual row, if I remember it correctly); rear caliper mount;, rear shock lower linkage; rear sprocket hub (86 has larger mounting bolts); rear sprocket (one has countersunk holes, the other doesnt, sorry cant remember which one had which); swing arm (85 has 2 carrier clamp bolts, 86 has 4); front forks (85 has 2 springs inside each leg, 86 has one, far as I know the fork lengths are the same); seat (86 says "ATC", 85 says "250R"); engine color (85 is black, 86 is dark grey I think); I'm not sure about the headlight plastics being different, so far they look the same to me; some of them had reflectors on the forks too (maybe Canadian models??); 86 rear ends interchange with the TRX-R, 85's dont (for the most part). That's all I can think of off-hand. Please feel free to correct any info thats wrong :) .