PDA

View Full Version : 1984 Honda 200es and 200m ?

Hayden
06-19-2011, 12:05 PM
I have a 1984 200 ES that I bought about a month ago and have been using it quite a bit around the house. Its in pretty good shape but could use new plastic and the motor smokes a bit, and I can tell it has seen alot of use, all in all Im very happy with it. There is a 1984 200M for sale near me desribed as follows :This is a great running three wheeler and is in like new condition. It is a 200cc fore stroke engine with a semi-automatic transmission. It has good tires , brakes, lights, bearings, straight rear axle and the original tool kit is still in it. All plastic is like new along with the seat. It has a fresh service with air filter, spark plug, carburetor, oil and filter (screen). My question is are most of the parts interchangeable? Are they the same frame? I realize that mine is shaft drive with reverse and the other one I believe is not. Could I do a swap over and end up with a great running and looking 200es? The guy is asking $500 for the 200m. Thanks for any info and Happy fathers day to all.

S250X
06-19-2011, 02:30 PM
My parents had a pair of 84 Ms that were like new. Looking at pictures of the es online, it looks identical. The fenders, frontend, seat, and gas tank all look the same to me. I am thinking maybe the running gear is just different. I wonder if the engines are the same since one is shaft and the other not?

Hayden
06-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Yes, that would be nice to know,, hopefully someone will speak up that has some knowledge,,,, thanks