06-19-2011, 09:15 AM
whats the best way to stud tires , the cheap or not real pricy way
?

fabiodriven
06-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Step 1- Buy studs. Step 2- Install.

zzmegad
06-19-2011, 10:24 AM
yes buy the screws designed for ice racing, they are much better than sheet metal screws

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?118475-What-srew-do-you-use-to-ride-on-ice&highlight=srew

dear140
06-21-2011, 10:00 PM
my friend takes his cbr600 on the ice in the winter, and he takes tires. screws sheetmetal screws through them with an o ring fitting the screw and then uses green slime to help them hold air. this can result in a very frustrating technique, as your tire will keep on deflating, and you will haveto keep on inflating and sliming.

fabiodriven
06-21-2011, 10:02 PM
my friend takes his cbr600 on the ice in the winter, and he takes tires. screws sheetmetal screws through them with an o ring fitting the screw and then uses green slime to help them hold air. this can result in a very frustrating technique, as your tire will keep on deflating, and you will haveto keep on inflating and sliming.

Holy hell man, your lack of knowledge in this subject is nothing short of amazing. Please refrain from posting anything else pertaining to ice studs in any way. Thank you.

jr315rn
06-22-2011, 10:01 AM
who are you talking to?

fabiodriven
06-22-2011, 10:44 AM
who are you talking to?

Wow, you really are new eh?

The quote above what I wrote shows that I was replying to the guy whom I quoted. He was giving some terrible advise so I told him to knock it off.

First thing you do not want to do is you DO NOT want to use sheet metal screws. They aren't sharp enough when they're brand new and they wear down to nothing in no time.

There is absolutely no reason to use an O-ring when installing studs. The tire itself is already rubber so what good is it going to do to put a rubber O-ring in there? Der...

If you do have any leaks Slime will seal them right up. That part he was right about.

Basically all you have to do is buy the studs and screw them in. Once you ride the machine you can "Index" the studs to provide either more forward traction or more steering, depending on what you need. Indexing them means to put the slot in the head of the screw a certain way as the studs get more traction depending on which way the slot is.

WIkid500
06-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Fabio, Direct and to the point as usual :) Fabio's info is good as it gets, sheet metal screws suck, they are soft and the head isn't cut like the gold digger ice screws are.

jr315rn
06-23-2011, 01:18 PM
thank you sir

250rRoostmaster
06-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Holy hell man, your lack of knowledge in this subject is nothing short of amazing. Please refrain from posting anything else pertaining to ice studs in any way. Thank you.:lol::lol::lol::lol: Amazing!!

dear140
06-23-2011, 02:57 PM
ya lol he did hit the nail on the head. i have no clue how to stud tires, i am lucky enough to live near fort drum where GI's throw away their tires that were studded every winter that went on Gators which btw suck in the winter. I didnt really think about the rubber acting as an o ring, but for some reason thats the way he does it. but hes not the brightest guy either. and his sheet metal screws do have enough traction to race a sportbike on ice, but granted not as much as golddiggers, or Maxigrips.